DFW Internships 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 16 by lvn2bsoonQuote from ARMY-RNI would think they all do, especially the magnet hospitals. I'd call the HR's of the places you are interested in and ask. They may hire you on as a tech until you get your license.was wondering if anyone has info on which hospitals require a BSN for any critical care internships? I wud be done with RN-BSN courses in may but still have few prerequisites like texas history etc which wud prevent me from "formally" graduating in May
Also, wud any hospitals consider my case as an equivalent to BSN?
Any help appreciated!
- Feb 16 by lvn2bsoonQuote from rachelshusbandIt depends on the hospital, what it needs, and how often people graduate. Typically, most places hire interns for the spring and fall, since that is when most programs end.....May and December. Some places have a span of time longer than others for when they take applications. Some re-open their app dates during the "off" times if they need more staff. Depends on a lot of factors.Apply between March and May?? Baylor's programs ends 2/15, are you intentionally trying to sabotage people?
Perhaps if you don't have an accurate, confirmed answer it may be best to not respond?
- Feb 18 by not.done.yetBaylor doing their search for interns this early is pretty new. When I graduated last year they were also in the "couple of months before" club I believe.
Not glossing over the truth is not "negative"; it is honest. DFW is not the Mecca for new grads that some people wish to see it as. Foolish people have actually moved here without a job lined up based on people painting a far rosier picture than the current job market bears out, the fallen into economic crisis and despair when months go by without a nibble. I personally find the "every little thing is going to be all right" approach to be cruel and heartless. Someone needs to be willing to say the truth - that new grads in DFW are having a rough time of it. That is not competitiveness, that is preparing people for what they are up against. The current DFW new grad market bears fruit most often for those who have inside connections. The nursing community here is highly political. Hopefully applicants are applying early and have been building their connections and reputation throughout nursing school.
- Feb 22 by Ivana RN-BCWhat is you max amount of traveling you are willing to do (or relocating)? I know of a great hospital offering internships, but it is an hour outside of Dallas. There are many Plano/Allen nurses that work there, so maybe carpooling would be an option.
- Feb 24 by nursingstudent2013"Ivana RN-BC- can you pm me the info about this hospital I would not mind commuting a little. Thanks!
- Feb 26 by ARMY-RNIvana, was wondering if you cud PM me more info, I am located in Frisco and willing to travel. I cant PM anyone coz I am a new user
Thanks in advance!
- Feb 28 by Ivana RN-BCI sent you some info.
- Mar 7 by sugarmagnolia018I am not sure about the exact time frame for Baylor apps, but they do only take BSN. UTSW has their positions posted, but they also only take BSN unless you are an internal applicant (I have an interview with them today!). A friend of mine spoke with HR at parkland, and they have pushed back the dates for their 2013 internships - they won't even be posted until May; they will start in July. Their critical care internship requires a BSN but I believe the others are open to ADN. Methodist hires ADNs and they have tons of internships posted right now.
Good luck; hope that helps!
- Mar 7 by blueorchid981Quote from sugarmagnolia018Thanks for the info. When did you apply and get a call back for UTSW?I am not sure about the exact time frame for Baylor apps, but they do only take BSN. UTSW has their positions posted, but they also only take BSN unless you are an internal applicant (I have an interview with them today!). A friend of mine spoke with HR at parkland, and they have pushed back the dates for their 2013 internships - they won't even be posted until May; they will start in July. Their critical care internship requires a BSN but I believe the others are open to ADN. Methodist hires ADNs and they have tons of internships posted right now.
Good luck; hope that helps!
- Mar 8 by sugarmagnolia018I applied the day they posted the internships (I had the website open on my computer & refreshed it every day!)... got a call back last week. To be fair, I don't think they have started interviewing lots of people yet. I work as a PCT and my manager wanted to make me an offer right away, and I got an interview on another floor. The other manager told me that other floors probably haven't started interviewing yet (they moved mine up so my current manager wouldn't have to wait a long time for a response to her offer).
Best of luck!!