Collin College Fall 2013 Nursing Applicant'sRegister Today!
- by rebekahmae19 Jan 23I just finished taking my PSB and I've already submitted my application to Collin College for the Fall of 2013. This is my 3rd time applying and I'm really hoping I get in this time around. If I did well on the PSB I should have 15 out of 16 points, so I think I should have a pretty good chance of getting into the program. My question is has anyone heard anything about students being turned down for taking A&P I twice to improve their grade? I received a B the first time I took it, so I retook it this last semester and at the end of the semester my professor told my class if this was our 2nd time taking it then we might as well not even waste our time applying to Collin, because they will automatically throw away your application if you didn't get an A the first time you took it. Has anyone heard if this is true or not?
- 11,542 Views
- Jan 26 by jchrisHi rebekahmae, I am in the same boat as you. Hoping for at least a 15 if I did okay on my PSB, and I also retook Micro last semester. It was my understanding when discussing with the Nursing Dept. that retakes become an issue if you are in a tiebreaker situation. At this point I am just nervous about how I actually did on the PSB! Good luck to you
- Jan 28 by not.done.yetNo, that is not true. They average the two grades together and go with that.
- Jan 30 by juneau44I've spoken with the nursing coordinator multiple times and retakes are okay. She explained to me that it is only used in tiebreaks. They don't average the scores together. They put how many retakes you have. The less the better. I've retaken both AP I and II and we went over the exact form that is used and I am very relieved that's the way it's done. Fingers crossed! Hope we all get in
- Jan 30 by jchrisWell that is a relief, thanks for the info juneau!
- Feb 2 by rebekahmae19Thanks! That it is a huge relief. I was trying to apply to El Centro too, but I was missing one class and I missed the deadline for signing up for the HESI, so the only place I'm applying to is Collin. Well good luck to you guys and thanks for answering my question!
- Feb 26 by kt0128Does anyone know what the stats are? I know the fall semester is usually more competitive and last fall there were so many 16's and 15's... I am applying with 15 (5 from PSB).. any info would help, kinda driving myself crazy lol
- Feb 27 by abenton111from what ive been told, the fall 2013 class has been picked
- Feb 28 by MzThundaWOW! I thought they at accepted 60 applicants.
- Feb 28 by kt0128I just called and there were 250 applicants.. she couldn't give me any other specifics.. letters should be mailed out 2nd week in March.. does anyone know how many applicants usually apply? or if this is higher than normal?