College of the Mainland, Texas City - page 21
Has anyone had any experience attending Nursing school at College of the Mainland in Texas City, Texas? I have looked at thier pass rates with the state. How is the program there? Any advice on application/ acceptence?... Read More
- 0@blynn15- Well Clinicals are tuesdays and I only saw her on MW she never had scrubs on. If any day besides tuesday she wore them I would guess on thursdays when the skills lab is. I actually hardly ever saw the nursing students in their scrubs. Clearly I need to get on the ball with this checklist because I havent even turned in my intent letter.
I also have been researching the first semester schedule and I just can't wait! I want books and my syllabus now! I don't know if this is good or bad but the Aug-Oct section is just 1 class and the skills lab. So... either the class is REALLY intense or they are trying to ease us in. Lol
- 0Hmmm... at SJC they wear scrubs everyday that is why I thought it may be possible.
The scheldule: I KNOW!!! I am so excited! Some students may still have other classes. I have med term and 2 pe that I need. Maybe it will be the time to take them! lol
We should start a FB page!
- 0Okay I am not sure that I did this correctly, but look for the https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...635811985&ap=1
- 0Jun 15, '11 by txgirl806Quote from tx_nurse_2_bei guess i had a 106 too on the accuplacer because my reading level was 15 as well. i don't have my sheet in front of me. i had the 15 points for math (i took statistics) i got points in all fieds on the placement system except patho and health assessment.
how's evryone's checklist coming along? i mysteriously lost my shot record somewhere between february and now... grrr! i also have a very short timeline to get everything complete because i will be on vacation from july 1-15. so i will have to turn everything in this month.
i got a couple of immunization shots i need. i also have to pay for the background/urine test. other than that im okay..i think-lol. have fun on your vacation!
- 0I just added to the fb group! I went to turn in my intent letter and ask questions about the everything else. The lady at the front desk was VERY helpful. Oh, I saw my friend with a group of her classmates (again no scrubs). Physical scheduled, got some sheet to take the Hep B titer at the community clinic, BGC and Drug test paid for, and I found my shot record on my way to get a replacement! I think im good to go. lol
@txgirl806- galveston county health district has a partnership with the school so you can get the shots cheap. My dr is charging $85 for the titer and the clinic said 21.44. There's a form they give you to take to the clinic if you're interested.
@blynn- Com pe online is really easy. I took it this spring (easy a). I only went on campus maybe 5 days during the semester.
- 0I dont think so. She gave me a sheet that gives authorization for them to allow me to take it. My mom used to work for the health district when i was a kid so i got all my shots there anyway. The form states that since we are students we are authorized to use their services through the contract they have with the school.