Background Check Texas BON -DWIRegister Today!
- by TenderWalnut Apr 15, '12I will be starting work on my MSN in June and just got fingerprinted earlier this month. The TX BON said they want me to send in more information on a Disorderly Conduct and DWI I have from over a decade ago. Both cases were deferred out and I was not convicted, but I am extremely stressed out about this affecting years of dedication and hardwork to get where I am today.
Has anyone experienced this before? How long did it take? Can you please tell me as much about what happened cause I am freaking out.
- 2,899 Views
- Apr 16, '12 by not.done.yetLast I heard it can take 12 weeks to 6 months. Was this not done when you got your BSN?
- Apr 16, '12 by TenderWalnutI do not have any type of nursing degree yet. I am doing MSN program and in year one get my RN then 2 years get my MSN. This will be for the BON to allow me to sit for the NCLEX.
Has anyone had a DWI before becoming a nurse and still been approved by BON in Texas?
- Apr 16, '12 by not.done.yetYou might check out the Addictions forum. I think some folks have posted there about this. Texas isn't the toughest state on it, but it is one of them. Best of luck.
- May 1, '12 by chanina1980It took about 3 weeks to get the results back and that was doing thanksgiving & christmas. Don't worry if it was over 5 yrs ago. Just protocol. You'll be fine.