Anyone apply for the LVN Program at HCC Coleman in Houston for Fall 2013?Register Today!
- by smartypants22 Jun 17I applied about 2 weeks before the application was due and the counselor told they were gonna call or contact me about 2-3 weeks after June 1st about what to do next. I'm anxiously waiting! Anyone else in the same boat as me? I hope there is so I can feel better. I hate waiting!
- Jun 18 by stefonee356I am applying for spring 2014. What did you get on your TEAS and VNSG 1216?
- Jun 18 by stefonee356Good luck! Let me know if you get in!
- Jun 18 by smartypants22Thank you. I really hope I get in because I barely made it with my reading TEAS score. That part was the hardest for me (and science, but luckily that doesn't count for LVN).
- Jun 19 by stefonee356I KNOW! I TOOK MY TEAS AND BAD IN SCIENCE
TEAS: Reading: 69
Math: 70 ( I AM HORRIBLE AT MATH)
VNSG 1216: CURRENTLY TAKING NOW, BUT AM DOING AWESOME IN IT...ITS SO EASY.
IM HOPING I GET IN NEXT SPRING... IM WORRIED ABOUT MY TEAS SCORES BEING TOO LOW.
- Jun 21 by smartypants22I went to an information session yesterday (long story, I went to one last year, but the counselor couldn't find my name so I had to go to one yesterday, good thing she still accepted my app), and the head of the LVN said that 120 people applied, but only 60 will get accepted, which is very scary. Also she goes from highest TEAS score to lowest when deciding who to accept. I don't know if she goes by math score or reading score or an average, but I really hope she goes by math score.
- Jun 21 by stefonee356Thank you for the info!! I am SO NERVOUS! I took the TEAS twice and did better the first time, so Im using thoses scores. Maybe they average them together?? So it all REALLY depends on TEAS scores?! I am not taking the TEAS again... it was so hard to me!!! Good luck and let me know if you get in please!!! I will pray for you! I have an information session on August 15. Did they say if you could use 2 TEAS tests (like one with a high math score and the other with a high reading)?
- Jun 21 by stefonee356At least you have a 50/50 chance of getting in! im sure you will!
- Jun 21 by smartypants22Thank you, I'm just getting really anxious because it's almost 3 weeks after the first and I still haven't heard anything, or received my letter in the mail. *keeping fingers crossed* The lady yesterday wasn't sure if the secretary sent out the letters yet and she wasn't at the information session to tell. I'm hoping my letter comes soon!