How did I make it before Allnurses?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How did I make it before Allnurses? in Testimonials, part of Information Center ... :redbeatheOk, I am going to bust if I don't get this out. I have been going through something...by BostonTerrierLoverRN Mar 27, '12Ok, I am going to bust if I don't get this out.
I have been going through something tragic that has absolutely nothing to do with Nursing. I know it will pass just like all rough patches in life, and I will find healing. That said, sometimes no one really understands how a nurse feels, and how a nurse deals with life's troubles except another nurse.
We are built to take care of everyone before caring for ourselves, and I take pride in that. We put on a smile sometimes for the patient, our families, and friends, yet our whole world is coming apart inside. We are always trying to be the backbone. We don't need praise or thanks, we are self starters. We are glue. We were all tried, and forged out of something akin to steel, yet everyone of us has a tenderspot!
That all said (forgive my rambling), Allnurses has been a saving grace to me throughout the month of March. I am still an Allnurses rookie, and I'm still a little wet behind the ears in nursing compared to some of the Wise, Intelligent, and Seasoned nurses I have had the pleasure and honor of meeting on this great site. It is very humbling that common people would reach out to help strangers in this era of internet use, and the staff of Allnurses has surpassed any expectation I could have for an Internet Social Group.
I am sooooo deeply grateful to each and everyone of you on staff at Allnurses for facilitating the support that no words can express. I bet you have no idea of the amount of lives you have positively impacted, and I don't know the words to properly thank someone who has achieved that kind of greatness.
Mr. Brian, your website has impacted nursing care Worldwide! You are up there with Florence Nightingale, Clara Barton, and Walt Whitman in my book for making this possible. I know you will be remembered for making this huge of an impact on the Nursing Profession!! There is no problem facing the profession that you and your staff are afraid to meet head on 365 days per year, 24 hours a day(just like the profession)!
Thank You all from the bottom of my heart for making it possible to vent, celebrate, debate, and fellowship with the student considering whether to enter the profession, all the way up to the top brass of our profession forging the future of Nursing, all from a front row seat!
This site affects lives!!! Join me in Celebrating Allnurses as the Best Social Site on the Internet!!!!!!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=690564©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,667 Views
- Mar 27, '12 by GitanoRNadmittedly, i concur with your statement. in addition, prior signing on with this wonderful site, i was envolved with another well known site. however, it became unbearable the demands that they place upon their subscribers even though it was a free site. consequently, i decided to close the account, and found this great outlet for nurses like myself. therefore, i would like to join you in celebration of this magnificent cite. in addition, give my thanks to all staff involved, and salute all members of "allnurses.com ....aloha pumehana--> ( hello with warmest regards)
- Mar 27, '12 by vwgirl22I agree! I love Allnurses too! Such a warm and wonderful community! I was shocked to see how much people actually care about one another on here in this "nurse eat nurse" world today. Nice to know people actually care. :heartbeat
- Mar 27, '12 by VivaLasViejasBoston: Just wanted you to know that I forwarded this thread to Administration so they'd pay special attention to it. Staff members are volunteers who work very hard to keep this site safe and comfortable for all of us, and believe me, most of the time it's a pretty thankless job. I'm sure this will make their day.
- Apr 1, '12 by LunahRNI have some hazy recollection of life before allnurses ("LBA"), but it was soooooo empty. Love this site. I recently deactivated my Facebook, and while I am enjoying a Facebook-free existence at this time, I can't imagine going without allnurses. Seriously.
- Apr 1, '12 by VivaLasViejasLife before Allnurses?? Well, I guess I must've had one since I've only been around here since 2002, but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was like.