Vanderbilt Prespecialty 2011 Accepted Forum - Page 11Register Today!
- Jun 22, '11 by Meredith09Checking in- y'all have been awful quiet!! How are my future fellow 'Dores doing?!
We are 1 week away from being DONE with classes for pre-specialty year! Then it's on to Boot Camp. I'm excited--gonna be on a trauma surgical stepdown unit at Vandy (my happy place!)
If you've got questions, keep em coming. I'll do my best to answer them or point you in the right direction.
- Jun 22, '11 by HeartRN2008Hi there! I'm actually not prespecialty, I'm direct entry, but this thread seems to be more active so I poke in here every once in a while, too!! Any details you have about your clinicals and classes for next year would be great to hear. I have a million questions, but any info in general would be awesome
- Jun 22, '11 by Meredith09Heart- PM me and we'll talk! Most of what I know from my first year here won't apply to you, so let me know what your specialty and background is and I'll try to answer your questions :-)
- Jun 24, '11 by Rob_RNDid anyone get into the PMHNP prespecialty and be willing to share their stats? Any info would be appreciated.
- Jun 25, '11 by Kate22Meredith, do you know when we'll get info on books and such?
- Jul 15, '11 by molls11About the shoe requirements: are crocs allowed as long as there are no holes in them? Do we need shoes right away or not till later in the semester when we start clinical? Thanks!
- Jul 23, '11 by Meredith09@Kate- Sorry I'm late getting back to you- haven't been online in a while. I'm guessing you should have info on them by now though. I seem to recall they were posted online last year, but I'm not totally sure.
@molls- you need shoes right away because you are required to wear the exact same uniform in lab as you are in clinical. I don't really know about the Crocs. I know they told us all/ mostly white full leather upper, closed heel. From what I know of Crocs, that can be hard to find. Danskos are pretty popular around here, but bottom line, long-wear comfort, support, and traction are the most important features in a good clinical shoe. Might I also suggest you look into a good Littmann stethoscope and a nicer penlight--both of those you get from Vandy in your lab packs are CRAP.
Holla at me if you have any more questions.
- Aug 13, '11 by AnaLongTo the people that were accepted (congrats by the way) did you all have stellar GRE scores? Like I only got 1000 and a 4.0 on the analytical writing. So, I am thinking that I should not even apply. Would anyone mind sharing please? I really want to get in, but I don't see the point in the time and energy if there is no way. Thank you guys for any help you can give me.
- Sep 29, '11 by STA51Congrats to all of you who were accepted.
I'm considering applying for this program, so I'd like to know how the school year is going for all of you so far. Is it different than you expected? Thanks!
- Nov 2, '12 by jotdotThis would be sooo helpful to me as I may be moving to the nashville area. Waiting to hear back from interview for Nurse Residency in Vandy. Could you email me this apt. info? firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would really appreciate it!