Southwest Tn Community College - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 4, '09 by khakimanThanks tnbutterfly
I recieved your PM. I cannot PM yet...need 3 more posts, I think. I am not sure how a PDA would be received in the clinical areas. It really depends on your instructor. Cell phones are not really allowed. I have an Iphone and I have used it before as my calculator while in clinical, but never in front of an instructor. When you start clinicals, you will have to pick up your patient info the day before at the hospital. You will have to read through the chart and get their meds and everything. A PDA would be helpful then. There would not be an issue with you having it and it would probably really help, especially when you run across words and procedures that you are clueless about.
I will address the other part of your message in a PM as soon as I can. I totally understand how you feel. It will get better.
- Apr 12, '09 by khakimanI was thinking about buying a pda or phone with a nursing dictionary etc. on it and wanted to make sure it would be ok to use it in class. Since we will have so many textbooks, I thought it would make it a lot better to have at least one or two on a pda. I think the iphone has some nursing applications that you can purchase but I'm not sure how much they would cost. Do you like your iphone? I was looking at a blackberry or iphone but don't know enough about either one yet to make a purchase.
- I think that it would be ok, just dont whip it out in a patient's room
It would definately be convenient because you wouldnt have to bring your text, nsg dictionary, lab book, and drug book to every clinical. You may want to wait until school starts and just ask your clinical instructor if it would be ok. You won't be in a hospital until half way into the semester, so you have some time.
- Apr 15, '09 by TN Nursestudent21Are we allowed to use Calculators during clinical to help with dosage conversions?
What color are the Uniforms?
What is the hardest class?
Is there anyone else staring Fall '09 at Southwest???
I cant figure out how to PM someone back!! How can we tell how many more messages we need to post?
- Apr 16, '09 by jennthernI am in the program now so I can answer some of your questions.
In clinical, all dosages are calculated for you on the MAR. I have yet to need a calculator for anything
The uniform is white pants, a navy polo, and a white lab jacket. You get it through the school.
The hardest class is Foundations. It is meant to be weed out class.
- Apr 16, '09 by tnbutterflyQuote from TN Nursestudent21You need 15 posts before you can send/receive PM's. Looks like you now have enough posts.I cant figure out how to PM someone back!! How can we tell how many more messages we need to post?
- Apr 18, '09 by Shandra2008Did you guys have interviews to get in the program?
- Apr 19, '09 by TN Nursestudent21No, I didnt have an interview. I dont think I have ever heard of them interviewing people for Southwest. But you do have to write an essay.