Roane State, Nursing Program, Anyone waiting on a letter for 2011? - Page 6Register Today!
- May 17, '11 by brittany_micahI am a 2nd yr student at RSCC, too. Congrats to all for being accepted! And keep on trying for the ones that were not. For orientation...it's a good idea to bring a pen and some paper to take a few notes. Also they will have all your supplies there for sale, scrubs, shoes, stethoscope, pen lights, etc. You are not required to buy anything. Also 2nd year officers will have cute shirts for sale (that was my favorite thing about orientation) that benefit our graduation. So bring money with you too, if you think you will be interested. 2nd year provides snacks and drinks, then I dont know about this year but last year Covenant provided lunch too. Good Luck to you all!!
- May 17, '11 by mp2003I have a question about the scrubs.. can we have different colors? or characters? or will they assign us scrubs and we just pay for them?
and how are the sizes done? i've never bought scrubs and would have no idea what sizes to get
- May 17, '11 by brittany_micahDuring lab you can wear any colored/character scrubs, whatever you like. Or you can dress professional (no jeans, etc.) with your lab coat and picture id. During regular clinical you will wear white scrubs, top & bottom, white socks, and white shoes. You are required to get these on your own. Then during your 2nd semester you will wear burgundy scrubs in your ob rotation. You will also be required to buy a lab coat, it must cover your butt. They will go over all of this in orientation, but this may give you a heads up. On your white scrubs and lab coat you will have to buy a RSCC nursing patch from the bookstore ($5 a piece) and sew it to the left shoulder. As far as sizes go, I would suggest you to go to a scrub store and just try them on. There are so many different styles even for just plain white. I am now really picky on my style of pants and tops lol also look for deals and some places offer student discounts, I think Lambert's is one that does.
- May 17, '11 by mp2003awesome thanks for the help! what about shoes? do they not want certain ones?Last edit by mp2003 on May 17, '11
- May 18, '11 by mom2ccgJust an off the wall question about the information meeting. The letter said that a support person is invited to attend the meeting with you. Did you notice last year if alot of students brought someone with them? Just trying to decide if I am going to bring anyone with me.
- May 18, '11 by brittany_micahYa know I didnt pay attention. I only have my husband as support and he had our boys, so I went with my best friend (who happened to get in with me) and she brought her dad so I hung out with them, if you dont have a friend thats been accepted I would def take someone. It can be overwhelming, exciting but overwhelming.