Roane State Nursing Students?Register Today!
- by beth66335 Jul 25, '07I just joined this site in May, after I got my letter for NS. I was just wondering how many people out there are attending Roane State's Nursing Program?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=238652©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 20,460 Views
- Jul 29, '07 by lisalovesbasketsI am in Roane State's Nursing Program. I will be attending a workshop on friday, August 3. Which campus will you be attending? I will be at the Oak Ridge campus.
- Jul 30, '07 by beth66335Hey,I will be there Friday too! I was beginning to think no one was going to answer this thread! My name is Beth. We will probably see each other but won't know it! How old are you ,are you married, any kids? I have three kids and I've been married 19 years. I am 40 yrs old. If you want to exchange names and such pm me, I am going out of town today and won't be back until Thurs night, but I will check in when I get back!Quote from lisalovesbasketsI am in Roane State's Nursing Program. I will be attending a workshop on Friday, August 3. Which campus will you be attending? I will be at the Oak Ridge campus.
- Aug 20, '07 by 2bCRNA studenthi my name is sabrina and i am attending roane state in campbell county. i am currently doing all my prerequsites and i plan on getting my assoicates at roane state in addition to taking the pre- nursing classes to do the bridge at ut for bsn and then i will work at ut in critcal care for a year and then return back to ut for the msn- nurse anesthetist program for three years. i can't wait.... i heard that it was hard to get accepted in roane states nursing program is that true, and i was told that i would have to complete a entrance exam what is on that test like for example math (what kind) would you please help me to be able to prepare for this... i am so glad i was finally able to find someone that could tell me about the exam
- Aug 20, '07 by beth66335Hey Sabrina welcome to allnurses at RSCC! LOL! The test for NS entrance is over basic concepts, reading comprehension and algebra, spelling, some basic math some English, also some Biology and Chemistry. I took the TEAS test in January and it wasn't hard, in fact my test didn't even have any hard Chemistry on it! I have a Kaplan book to prep for the test I will gladly sell to you for 15.00. I bought it for 19.00 plus tax. It really helped. PM me if you are interested.Last edit by beth66335 on Aug 20, '07 : Reason: left out info
- Aug 23, '07 by MissRNstudent10I'm taking my prerequisites this year at the loundon county campus except for my a&p lab that I'm taking in Harriman on Tuesdays. But i think that if i'm admitted in to the program for next year that i want to take my classes in one of the knoxville campuses.
- Aug 23, '07 by beth66335I go to the Oak ridge Campus, I like it very much so far. The Knoxville Campus is very small and there is no library, or cafeteria, or bookstore, like there is at Oak Ridge. If you get in the program next year, you will take a CPR class at Knoxville before school starts, so you can look at that campus then. I may take one class there in the Spring because they do clinicals at Parkwest where I used to work, and we have OB clinicals in the Spring. The Oak Ridge campus does most or all of their clinicals at Methodist, which is nice too, I just don't know anybody there. Maybe we will be seeing each other!Last edit by beth66335 on Sep 7, '07
- Aug 23, '07 by MissRNstudent10I might go to the Oak Ridge Campus. I guess it just depends cause I live in Maryville so its a long drive. Anyways, we has this orientation yesterday and we met with the nursing advisors. They said it would very difficult to work and go to nursing school. Does anyone know anything as to how hard it is? Also, she said the first year you have to wear white scrubs? Do you have to buy directly from them, or can you buy your own white scrubs from somewhere else?
- Aug 23, '07 by beth66335Quote from MissRNstudent10I found it hard to work when I was finishing my prereqs, but I have 3 kids and a hubby, and I was taking math which is hard for me anyway. Lots of people have said on here it can be done.We wear white scrubs to clinicals for both years except our OB rotation we wear burgundy. You get them on your own, just don't have any color on the scrubs and all white shoes, no clogs and no cuffs on the bottom of the pantlegs, (you know the knit ones that make the legs look like jacket sleeves). You will buy patches at the bookstore to put on your left sleeve. You can buy a lab coat if you want, not required, and it must be white and 3/4 length.I might go to the Oak Ridge Campus. I guess it just depends cause I live in Maryville so its a long drive. Anyways, we has this orientation yesterday and we met with the nursing advisors. They said it would very difficult to work and go to nursing school. Does anyone know anything as to how hard it is? Also, she said the first year you have to wear white scrubs? Do you have to buy directly from them, or can you buy your own white scrubs from somewhere else?
- Sep 7, '07 by MissRNstudent10do you have to buy a stethoscope from them or do you have to get your own?