Pellissippi or Roane State? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 5, '11 by jmusikloverI am applying for the Fall 2012 semester to Pellissippi and Roane State. Roane State is my first choice. I know that everyone always asks how competitive it is to get in, but really...how hard? I have a 2.6 gpa currently but plan on bringing it up to a 2.85 before applying. I will have all 27 credit hours done and have not taken my preadmit tests yet but will in the fall. Do you think I stand a chance? I really really really want to be a nurse.
- May 5, '11 by chs45jmusiklover,
I don't mean to discourage you at all, but you really need to pull up your gpa even more. It is way too competitive to even be under a 3.5. You MUST have at least a B in all your sciences. I know they say on the application to have at least a C, but there will be others that have higher grades than that and it will eliminate you. From what I hear, the reason they want to see a high gpa is the nursing program is very intense. I hear that if you make A's in the science prereq's, you will be lucky to make C's in the program. I think that is why they really don't consider people with C's in their science prereq's, because I guess they assume you will not pass the nursing program. I know I'm sounding harsh, but I'm speaking from the advice of a friend that has been through the nursing program at Roane State. She basically told me that the science prereq's are nothing compared to the program's intensity.
So my advice retake all sciences to achieve the highest grades.
And don't forget - Pray!
- May 7, '11 by GavinsMomI hate to say it but with your GPA what it is, you don't have a very good chance. I had a 3.5 and a previous bachelor's degree which gives extra points and I was still denied from Roane State. I got on the alternate list at PSCC and just found out today that I got in. Apply to LMU as a back up at least. They DO give you grants and fin. aid to help with the cost.
- May 7, '11 by chs45Gavinsmom,
I'm so glad to hear you got in PSCC. I sent my decline to them this week, and I was hoping you would get my spot. Please stay in touch and let us know how your workload is.
- May 7, '11 by GavinsMomThanks chs45! What campus where you accepted to at PSCC? My email didn't tell me which one I was accepted too, so I'm in the dark until I can call on Monday.
- May 8, '11 by chs45I was accepted to the Magnolia campus.
- May 9, '11 by jmusikloverDang! I was afraid of that. I dont know if I can handle taking those classes again. They were sooo hard! I appreciate the truth, really. I guess I will do what I have to do to fulfill my dream. Thanks again
- May 17, '11 by brittany_micahI disagree, your GPA does not matter at RSCC. They only take into consideration the classes that are required to get into the nursing program (A&P 1,2, Micro, Dev psy, college algebra, etc.) They weight more heavily on the science and math classes. I had a very low gpa, due to changing majors and I decided not to go back to class (right out of high school, I didnt know you had to "Drop" your classes) So work hard to pass those, if you have already taken them and didnt make what you want retake them. work hard to pass the pretest & pray! But dont worry about classes that dont count. Good Luck to you!
- May 18, '11 by jmusikloverYea that makes me feel better. I had the same issue with failing classes instead of dropping them right out of highschool. I am counting on my faith to get me in. I know that this is where God wants me to be. Thank you so much