Nashville State CC Nursing Program Fall 2012 - Page 15Register Today!
- May 19, '12 by ashleyr0503Congrats!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd have NO issue!!!!!! Yay!!!!
- May 19, '12 by jjordan8130Thanks!!!! I'm so flippin excited!! I worked last night and slept all day. My husband woke me up with the letter. Girl...I flew out of the bed!!!
- May 19, '12 by ashleyr0503Awh yay!!!!! I understand the feeling!!! I'm sending in my acceptance letter Monday (they were closed by the time I got there)... Dying to send it in & get more info!!! Congrats!!!!!
- May 20, '12 by klunketteI made it into TSU's nursing program (main site), it came when I was out and about, DH read it to me over the phone. I'm sooo excited. Going to get my pick taken on Monday. I was thinking of taking it to TSU vs mailing it in, thoughts?
Congrats to everyone!!!
- May 20, '12 by jjordan8130I'm probably going to hand deliver mine. I'd rather not risk it getting lost. My plan is to go on Monday.
- May 20, '12 by socallmI mailed my acceptance letter last Monday, now I want the packet of information and forms, so I can get that started and done before summer classes start..........
- May 20, '12 by jjordan8130For NS's program?
- May 21, '12 by socallmjjordan
I read last years thread to get an idea of what is next and they spoke of packets of papers that needed to be filled out and back ground checks which include fingerprinting, drug screens and other stuff and plus financial aid along with the issue of books. If you have time read over that threat, I felt it gave me an idea of what is coming next.
- May 21, '12 by jjordan8130I read it a long time ago. I email back and forth with Dr. Lewis a lot as well. Right now we're just waiting on the info packets. The only thing I will have to do the the UDS (drug screen) and background check. All my shots, TB tests, BLS etc are up to date because of where I work.
As far as the books go...I'm trying to decide what I want to do. Another person on here gave me some advice that was helpful. A dear friend of mine just graduated from the program and she offered to sell me her books....but I'm just not sure what I'm going to do yet. We have to get our uniforms from a certain store (I believe it's off of Charlotte avenue).
I haven't had any issues with financial aid yet. It's pretty self explanatory. Our first semester will be something like 8 hours. Financial aid is either part time (6hrs) or full time. When they cut your aid in 1/2 bc you're part time you may end up owing a little bit of tuition. That throws people off sometimes. My husband is on his 2nd degree and I'm in school for my 2nd time, so I've been through the FA ringer.
- May 21, '12 by socallmLike you, I work with someone who has the books, but he is starting his second year in the fall. I am waiting to see if they are going to use the same one's as they did for his class or different ones before I commit. My shots and my BLS are up to date also. I will just need the background check and maybe the TB test (last one done in Dec) just depends on what the school requires. I had also heard that we get the uniforms and patches from a place on Charlotte Avenue.
Financial Aid, I haven't even done my FASA yet. We have a tax issue that the accountant is working on, so that part is on hold for me.
I am thinking next week we should be getting our packets, this is based solely on lasts year time frame. They had a meeting/orientation around June 4th last year.
In my spare time I have been reading the Saunders NCLEX-RN book, this was recommended to me by a Cumberland University student. She said she reads it instead of the text book. Last night I compared it to the Kaplan book and the Saunders is way above because it has sample NCLEX questions for each section with an explanation as to why the correct answer is what it is.
Thanks for responding, its nice to be able to share the information, helps alleviate some of the unknown.