Loewenberg School of nursing- university of memphis - Page 11Register Today!
- Oct 13, '12 by richardgeckoGot my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail.
I had a 3.34 and 3.5 in the sciences
81% on the Teas
for fall 12 the cut off was 3.1
it doesn't really vary far from that each semester, so I'm assuming that's what the cut off was
good luck guys!
hope to see a few of you on Nov 6!
- Oct 18, '12 by MomInSchoolCongrats richardgecko! I also got my acceptance letter from Memphis this past week!! I will see you in November. And if you want to get together to do the CPR class, let me know.
- Nov 27, '12 by georgiapeachgalIs anyone else applying for the Fall 2013 accelerated program? My A&PII and Microbiology will be in progress this spring and I will probably take nutrition over the summer, since my school does not offer it. However, I pretty much have straight A's in everything else. I have a 3.59 GPA. Do you think they will accept me on condition?
- Dec 6, '12 by DadStudentPerhapsDoes UofM have evening / weekend classes? I know Baptist and Southwest does... just trying to gather some info. Oh yea, anyone here working full time and going to Nursing School? How difficult is it? I have to continue to working to support my family. Thanks
- Jan 10 by kjh1228I didn't complete all the requirements for the spring of 2013 semester so I had to apply for th 2013 Fall semester. I finally got everything in . Now I just wait until the deadline to hopefully see my acceptance letter come in. I do have my books (older editions but same books basically) already so I plan to get a head start. The first semester is the make or break semester.
DadRNperhaps, the U of M doesn't have night and weekend program and they don't encourage full-time employment.
Can any current or past student tell me how hard these dosage tests are? I saw in the BSN handbook that they require 100%. Do you get a few tries?
- Jan 10 by hayleyh31They teach you how to do dosage and it's ridiculously easy. Look up Curren's Dimensional Analysis for Meds- that's the book they want you to practice. In our first semester, they had a lot of practice tests. It's not anything to be worried about.
- Jan 16 by kjh1228Quote from hayleyh31Thanks for the response. I bought that book on ebay a few months ago. It was an older edition but it was only like 12 dollars. I wanted to get a head start on it because math has always been my trouble subject.They teach you how to do dosage and it's ridiculously easy. Look up Curren's Dimensional Analysis for Meds- that's the book they want you to practice. In our first semester, they had a lot of practice tests. It's not anything to be worried about.
- Feb 27 by lindseycI got my acceptance letter for Fall 2013 last Friday, and have been trying to decide whether on or off-campus housing would be better. Could any previous or current students let me know where they lived and what they know about any of the on-campus housing choices?