East Tennessee State Univ -- ABSN Summer 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on East Tennessee State Univ -- ABSN Summer 2012 in Tennessee State Nursing Programs, part of Tennessee Nursing ... Hi there! Wondering if anyone is planning to apply to ETSU's summer 2012 ABSN cohort, or if...by bmichellejoyner Jul 24, '11Hi there!
Wondering if anyone is planning to apply to ETSU's summer 2012 ABSN cohort, or if there is anyone who has already enrolled in this program and would like to share their experiences? I'm planning to apply this winter.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=595367©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,429 Views
- Moved to TN Nursing Programs Discussion forum where I think you will get more responses.
- You are welcome. Have you visited ETSU?
- I haven't. I've been living out in Oregon for the past year and a half -- pretty much since I've decided to seriously pursue a second degree in nursing -- so I haven't been able to visit any schools back east other than Vanderbilt. I'm hoping there's someone on there who would be willing to tell me about the program and the area. Are you familiar with either?
- Oregon is a long way from TN.
I am familiar with the area. What would you like to know?
- It is for sure a long way from home! I love it out here though.
Oh man, anything and everything that you could share about the area or the program would be appreciated! I think I'm far enough removed from everything that I'm not even sure what to ask. I guess some basics would be:
a) what's the program's reputation like in the area?
b) do new grads find jobs easily or do they struggle to find employment in the area?
c) are there any hospitals that offer tuition reimbursement agreements with students in the program?
d) what are some neighborhoods that you'd recommend living in?
e) how dog-friendly is the area? I have a sweet, sweet doggie named Miles to consider as well.
And, like I said, anything else you would wanna throw in would be appreciated.
- I can tell you more about the area than the program.
ETSU is located in Johnson City which is one of the three cities in the Tri-Cities area. It is not a huge metropolis by any means, but not rural either. Mountains, lakes, and rivers are within a short drive. There are lots of parks and outdoor areas that are very dog-friendly. The climate provides 4 seasons, with fairly mild winters and warm summers........usually. This summer has been extremely hot as have many areas of the US.
The 2 largest hospital systems in the area are Mountain States Health Alliance and Wellmont Health System. There are several hospitals in each system. I know of several new grads from the program who were able to get jobs in those hospitals after graduation. Hopefully some of them will post more information about the program and job opportunities. ETSU's nursing program is highly regarded in the area.
- Thanks! I've never been to Johnson City before but I've heard that the people there are super nice. I love TN, and though I hope to settle down out west someday when I finally get ready to grow some real roots, the thought of being back in the southeast is really appealing. Thanks again for your info and all your help!
- Oh yes.....I forgot to tell you that the people are very nice. Southern hospitality at its finest!