CPR Classes in the Memphis, TN AreaRegister Today!
- by RNStudent&Momof2 Nov 20, '06I need a CPR certification for nursing school. Does anyone know of a good place to take a class in the Memphis area? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=190920©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 18,350 Views
- Sep 24, '08 by I_<3_ICU_RNTry CPR-to-Go. She teaches classes in Southaven, MS, but it is well worth the short drive. The healthcare classes are quick and painless. I highly recommend it. Here's a link with the contact info (look carefully at the top). She teaches a lot of healthcare classes.
- Sep 29, '08 by Murse901
- Sep 29, '08 by I_<3_ICU_RNQuote from DonaldJI realize this. And you are correct. However, she teaches many classes for a variety of clients. The contact info listed on the page is to CONTACT her only. If you look carefully you'll realize that the classes listed are for a church, and are indeed NOT for healthcare providers. If you call her you can sign up for the appropriate healthcare provider class. The webpage was added simply to provide her phone number and name, as I did not want to post directly on allnurses. She teaches American Heart Association classes for nurses, healthcare professionals, nursing students, and anyone else that wants it. She also teaches other classes, and she teaches in different locations, depending on need. You have to contact her directly to sign up for the appropriate class. My nursing school and hospital job accepted the healthcare provider certification that she teaches without any problem. In fact, they set up classes twice a year only for their students so that they will have a high-quality certification!Bottom of the page says it's not a healthcare provider class. I doubt any nursing school will accept Heartsaver or equivalent for CPR certification.
I know another provider that teaches healthcare provider CPR classes in the Memphis area. If anyone is interested please PM me and I'll give you her name and phone number.
- Jan 8, '10 by msnikkipoohThere are some ladies in Memphis that come to you, or you go to them.Here the web address
www.hearttoheartmemphis.com it was easy, I loved it. I wasnt in there all day.
- Feb 7, '10 by Gr8_ArtistYears ago, I worked at the Red Cross. Call them, ask for "Safety Services." It's their job to organize classes, provide a trainer, Resuscitation Annie dummy, and ensure everyone has the needed literature. You can ask if there are some tentative classes waiting for more students... and there should be some options as to whether AM, PM, weekend, etc.
- Feb 8, '10 by Nurse Nay NayI highly recommend the CPR-to-Go classes mentioned above. I used her throughout nursing school. I still have the business card if you need the phone number.
- Feb 9, '10 by NurseDiva76A co-worker of mine teaches CPR as well as ACLS, PALS, etc.
Here is the link to his website: www.eliteeducationalseminars.com
- Feb 10, '10 by scifihippieMake sure you get the correct certification for the hospital where you will be doing clinicals. I got the ARC certification for Professional Rescuers and my clinical hospital won't take it. That's after my school recommended ARC! I had to re-certify for AHA b/c that is the only CPR certification the hospital I'm at will take.