Calling all Southwest Tennessee Community College 2012 Fall Hopefuls - Page 27Register Today!
- Aug 21, '12 by SheriWoodHow do you know which books to buy for this semester? I know they told us the dosage calculations book to read but I didn't know about the other books.
- they had a list of 6 books hanging in the hall. you could go to the book store and get the ISBN#'s or go to efollett.com and look them up but they have alot more books listed then the 6 they had at school. one of them is the pharm book which im waiting for classes to start before getting it.
- Aug 21, '12 by 40 year old freshmanI just bought 4 of the nursing books, all they had were new. $350.00
I hope to receive my permits before class starts Monday.
- did you go to the bookstore? im renting some of mine but buying the med surg and fundamentals because i know well use those more than one semester.
im going to get my uniform on thursday and my titer for the chickenpox because im immune. already got my tetnas last week.
i swear the things we need keep piling up. i wish they would have put all this down on the orientation paper so i could have gotten it done months ago not last minute!!
Money doesnt make itself and i feel like everytime i turn around i need to buy something else. i already got my bp cuff, penlights, scissors, stethascope, watch, and a new ID made. once i update my shots AGAIN!!! and get my eye glasses i should be all ready to start.
anyone able to think of anything else well need?
- Aug 21, '12 by Jeshica1991First of all, buying the books from the bookstore at southwest is a rip off in itself. Amazon allows you to sign up for a one month free trial of AmazonPrime, which is FREE two day shipping on books that have amazon prime next to them (all the books I bought were amazon prime eligible) I bought ALL but one of the nursing books, including the study guides, and paid a total of maybe, 570$. All of them were brand new, the most expensive one was the Pharmacology book at 101.00$. All my books where here in 3 days and all in one box. I'd suggest you try that instead of paying an extra 200-300 for the bookstore price. All in all, it was about 10 books or so I bought.
The list of the books we need are under the book information link that is shown when you click on the Foundations CRN#.
- oh i would NEVER buy books from a bookstore. they are out of their minds if they think students can actually afford those prices. ill look at that link Jeshica so thanks! and i also have the amazon prime. I LOVE IT
- Aug 22, '12 by eLLie.Can anyone that is in the program for the fall semester tell me a little about the possible clinical hours/sites? I went to the Nursing building, and the secretaries were pretty helpful but didn't really give any "specifics"
- Aug 22, '12 by rn2be14all i know is they are either fri sat or sun and they are 9hrs the first semester of nursing then they are 12hrs everysemester after. they can be anywhere and you dont find out until its time for you to goLast edit by rn2be14 on Aug 22, '12
- Aug 22, '12 by eLLie.Wow.. So classes are during the day on weekdays and clinicals are on weekends?
- Aug 22, '12 by SheriWoodYes for those accepted in the fall. If you are accepted in the spring you will have night & weekend classes