Any MTSU Spring 2013 hopefuls? - Page 4Register Today!
- Nov 12, '12 by bdb1550Quote from Cam2014I am looking into Cumberland University's nursing program. It is located in Lebanon, TN. They are a private college though so it cost more to go there. They do give you grant money to transfer there from another university though. Also, Tennessee Tech University offers a nursing program but they are located in Cookeville, TN.Hi bdb1550, do I have any idea of any other places that I can apply. I do not know of any Nursing schools other than TSU and MTSU. I really wish to be one of MTSU students in nursing, but I cannot wait another year. I stayed one year at home, just because my shots were not complete last year. I have searched online for nursing schools near Nashville, but the ones I get are far away.
- Nov 12, '12 by pre-pre-nurseshanHow in the world did I miss thiss thread??
I was accepted to MTSU (got my letter last week) with a 3.86 GPA and a ... 90? 93? I can't remember - something like that on the HESI. I have no idea what my interview score was, but it felt like it went pretty well, and I don't have any applicable clinical experience, although I was able to talk to the interviewers about how I had been a dental assistant for 10 years, so I already knew a little something about infection control and patient interaction. Sorry that those of you who were denied got disappointing news.
Also, there are actually loads of nursing schools in Nashville, but they are mostly private: Belmont, Vandy, Aquinas, Lipscomb, Cumberland, TSU, ITT Tech come to mind. There may also be one at Meharry.
- Nov 17, '12 by CrazyGoonLPNNursing schools in Nashville area:
Motlow state CC
Columbia state CC
Austin Peay (Clarksville, TN)
Vanderbilt (private and masters program only)
In sure there are more but this is all I can think of at the moment.
- Nov 20, '12 by Cam2014Thanks to you all.
Congratulations to Pre-pre-nurseshan.
Do you have any idea what were the questions you were asked during your interview? For me and what made me surprised is that they asked me two questions about if i have any clinical experience and if i have volunteered in any community services?
- Dec 13, '12 by pre-pre-nurseshanWell I lost my spot - have to repeat speech sigh.
- Dec 19, '12 by bbuie2013Quote from hopefulnurse45I am applying to MTSU nursing program in the Fall 2013 and have scheduled my HESI exam for Jan 10th. Does anyone know if you are able to use a TI30 calculator for this exam? I heard you could as long as it wasn't a TI-89 but just thought if someone on here knew that would be great! Thanks for any and all advice!I am applying at MTSU for the Spring 2013 semester. If anyone else on here has previously been accepted to the program I would love to hear how your interview went, and what your scores were that got you in.
- Dec 22, '12 by Cam2014When i took my HESI exam, i used TI-83. You can call them and ask, they are happy to help. Good luck to you!
- Dec 22, '12 by Cam2014Well I lost my spot - have to repeat speech sigh.
Sorry to hear that. I went to my advisor last week, she told me If I can retake the HESI exam, it will be much better. I got 84.7; however, if I prepare well for my interview, I will be good without retaking it.
I am not sure what types of answers they are looking for, but I will do my best to get in when I apply for the fall of 2013.
- Jan 1 by CCT2RCongrats to all who made it in for Spring!!! It's a terrible wait not knowing if you're in or not. I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow classmates :-)
- Jan 8 by serenitylove14Gosh I just graduated in 2012 and we didnt have to interview or anything like that. We got accepted with GPA and ACT.