Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - Page 14Register Today!
- Nov 15, '12 by cwillmonThis is how I read the scenario: If you heard something via email today....You are waitlisted. If not, then you will probably be getting an acceptance letter within a couple of days. You will then have 7 days to accept or decline the offer. They will not tell you where you are on the waitlist.....It isn't necessarily negative to be on the waitlist; as they can place people until January if the floor is in need. It was a huge accomplishment to just get interviewed, so pat yourself on the back.
- Nov 16, '12 by RNJoseph1908OK now I'm freaking out. I still haven't heard from Vanderbilt and I just got an offer this morning from a hospital in Florida!!! I don't know what to do, they're giving me over the weekend to think about my decision, any advice???
- Nov 16, '12 by jennderveenI just got an offer from Vanderbilt-Peds!!!
- Nov 16, '12 by LaurenJonesRNQuote from jennderveenCongratulations!!!!!I just got an offer from Vanderbilt-Peds!!!
- Nov 16, '12 by Armywife16I just got an offer for peds too!!
- Nov 16, '12 by girlygirlk8eQuote from RNJoseph1908Congrats on getting an offer from FL! Since they are giving you over the weekend, that buys you some time for the rest of today and some on Monday. I was put in the same predicament with a hospital from my hometown that I interviewed for. You could just be upfront and honest with this hospital in FL. If you hear back from them on Monday asking your decision, you could just let them know that you are waiting on a residency program from Vanderbilt and that the decision should be any day now. The FL hospital will respect you for being honest and also striving for more education through a residency program. However, I can understand being nervous about doing this because it could come off that you have better options than the FL hospital. BUT, that hospital interviewed other applicants for the position as you should have the ability to look around too, and they should understand in giving you another day or two. Good luck!!OK now I'm freaking out. I still haven't heard from Vanderbilt and I just got an offer this morning from a hospital in Florida!!! I don't know what to do, they're giving me over the weekend to think about my decision, any advice???
CONGRATS to everyone else getting offers!!!!!
- Nov 16, '12 by RNJoseph1908Thank you so much! I'm definitely excited about the position but Vanderbilt by far is my first choice and something I have been looking forward to for so long. I feel very blessed and hope that we all hear back soon. I'm so happy that we have this thread and can stay in contact with everyone who applied. Good luck everyone!
- Nov 16, '12 by UTSN89Has anyone heard on whether they did or did not get accepted to the critical care track? (other than the waitlist mentioned above)??
- Nov 16, '12 by Jw_rnAs of today I haven't heard anything from Vanderbilt on the critical care track. I guess we must remain calm and check out emails every hour on the hour...haha. Good luck to everyone.
- Nov 16, '12 by RN_MASSI just got an offer from VUMC for the Pedi track! But I already had a job offer from Duke for pedi as well. I haven't officially accepted yet. So stressed!!!