Tennessee State - ADN - Fall 2010
- 0May 24, '10 by yahweh1276Hi all! This is my first post here. I received my acceptance letter a few days ago for TSU's ADN program beginning in Fall 2010. Orientation is next Tuesday, June 1. Are there any others out there who will be joining me? Has anyone gone through this program recently that can give me a head's up of what to expect? Very excited and nervous! Still trying to figure out how I'm going to juggle 30 hours of work and school every week!
- 0Jul 10, '10 by deevansHello
I'm not a student at TSU but I will be going into my last semester in Nursing this Fall. The most important thing I can tell you is that it is not about memorization(hope I spelled that right) but make the information make sense to you. IF you understand the how and why, you will be fine. Also get ready for lots of reading and many chapters on your tests. Do let me scare you, If i can do it you can too, just remember there are many that have went through this before you.
Congrats on getting in, I sure you worked hard to get here
- 0Jul 13, '10 by FuturenurseTriceHello, I to will be attending this fall semester at TSU. And I also attended the orientation that tuesday, I just registered for my 4 classes sunday. I talked to the 2 students that came in to talk to us who are going in there 2nd year at Tsu, they said have a recorder and always take notes especially if the instructed repeats themselves. I am finishing up gathering all the requirements, the only thing I have left is filling out the health form and getting a doctor to sign it, I have already started reading and doing the assignments out of the health assessment book and lab book, The main advice I always hear is always stay ahead and always ask questions, good luck to you and we may end up meeting each other soon enough :-)
- 0Jul 14, '10 by yahweh1276Good to hear from you! Did you register for classes online? My understanding is that we needed to wait until the week of August 23 but if we can do it now, I'd rather get it out of the way! I just submitted my packet to TSU and VA (will be doing clinicals there) and I'm glad that's taken care of. I've also been doing the summer reading and labs and have a recorder ready to go! Will you be working at all during the program? See you soon!
- 0Jan 28, '11 by mee9mee9Quote from yahweh1276how did your first semester go?Good to hear from you! Did you register for classes online? My understanding is that we needed to wait until the week of August 23 but if we can do it now, I'd rather get it out of the way! I just submitted my packet to TSU and VA (will be doing clinicals there) and I'm glad that's taken care of. I've also been doing the summer reading and labs and have a recorder ready to go! Will you be working at all during the program? See you soon!
- 0Apr 1, '11 by jollydogg_RNQuote from johnny depp23of course they have white students. All of the males in our program were white. It's not like people look at you funny being white or anything, come on guy, lol.Does TSU have any white students? I'm just curious to know... I also heard TSU is getting it's act together in the nursing dept. Do you believe this to be true?
Goodluck in the ADN program. May 2009 graduate here, graduating with my BSN from MTSU in Fall of 2011 and hopefully going into an FNP program the semester after.
- 1Apr 3, '11 by anayoWhy is it that everyone I meet asks that kind of question. Dude, theres more whites than other minorities in the TSU nursing program. As for department, sure it can get crazy at times, but if they were poor at educating, 98% of TSU nursing students wouldn't be passing their nclex first time. :uhoh21: