Relocating to Nashville...possibly?Register Today!
- by MinnRNJen Jan 3My husband is potentially looking at a job in Franklin, TN which he will be making less than half of his pay here in Minnesota. That leaves me to find a comparable job for me. I am a pediatric hospital RN here and make $32/hr plus differentials. We are also union at our hospitals here. I am looking for an updated answer on what the average pay is for RNs at the Vanderbilt Children's and also if there are other options for pediatrics in the area? I got nowhere on the phone with HR, they can only tell you pay at an interview and won't say what nurses make on average. That is NO help when looking to move across the country. Also, what are some good areas around Nashville and Franklin to live? Looking at cost of living, low crime, and good schools?
- Jan 8 by serenitylove14Ok.Vandy pay rate is 20.50 an hour non ICU. ICU is 21.50. Nights is 6.00 dollars. Weekends. 3.00.
Unless it changed in the last 6 months this is the base pay rate!
- Feb 9 by roxhannahIt is tough to find to find info on pay around here. A lot of it depends on your experience level. I believe the max out of my non icu floor is around 32.50 an hour base rate. I will say it is one of the best places to work and they pay similar to the other hospitals in the area. As far as places to live it depends if you are looking to rent or buy. I live in Cool Springs- between Brentwood and Franklin. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to work and it is a very safe area with great schools but its not cheap. My 2 bed/2 bath apt is 1000.00 a month. Most areas of Nashville are good just stay away from Antioch, South Nashville Neighborhood, and the East Nashville Neighborhood. The Donelson/Hermitage area is affordable but I am not sure about the schools. The Bellevue area is also nice but again I am not sure about the schools.
- Feb 16 by CrazyGoonLPNI don't know the pay rate but I do know that Vanderbilt Children's is looking for nurses. They had a Nursing Job Fair on Wednesday looking for pediatric nurses in all areas of the hospital. I am in a BSN program and am currently doing clinicals there and it really is a nice hospital. I can honestly say that every nurse that I have encountered there has been nice and willing to help.
- Feb 20 by MyOwnBlueSkyI'm in Nashville so feel free to ask me about where to live and schools. My area is Bellevue. Nashville is private school dominant but some of the suburbs like Franklin are nice with top schools but all depends on your budget. Home's can be costly but maybe worth it since the Williamson county schools are desirable.