Nashville hospitals- anybody got any suggestions?Register Today!
- by dreamweaverRN Oct 13, '11I am new to nashville. I have worked in CVICU and critical care for over 15 years. I just relocated. I need a job. I need some recomendations for places to look and places to avoid. Any suggestions?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=628717©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,804 Views
- Oct 13, '11 by xtxrnJust from a reputation re: research and diverse departments, Vanderbilt is one of the best in the country....a neighbor's daughter got a job there recently and haven't heard anything bad
- Oct 13, '11 by dreamweaverRNThanks. That is the reputation of Vanderbilt.
- Oct 14, '11 by GetBehindtheBarnNashville has lots of good options...
Some friends work with the Centinnial system (TriStar group) and seem to be very happy.
The negative I have heard with Vandy is the pay. Of course, with your experience, that may not be an issue.
Good luck and welcome to Middle Tennessee!
- Oct 14, '11 by STA51Saint Thomas is a pretty good hospital, but they're trying to cut way back on spending because of budget problems, which creates a lot of tension. They complain about financial woes even though they're remodeling some of the floors in the hospital. I've heard good things about baptist, too.
- Oct 17, '11 by dreamweaverRNIsnt baptist and st thomas actually the same company , owned by?
I have heard alot of positive about Centennial, heard the good and bad about Vandy. What about the VA? With the budget problems within the federal system I just wonder what the working life is like at the VA?
- Oct 17, '11 by STA51Yeah, I think they're owned by the same company, but I don't know a lot about Baptist. I've just heard good things, but only from patients, not employees.
- Oct 22, '11 by dreamweaverRNI got told today to avoid the Veterans Hospital in Nashville any other ideas?
- Oct 26, '11 by dreamweaverRNSo now I have a interview at Summit. I am avoiding the Nashville VA like the plague. I got horror stories about there management and short staffing. I have a interview at Vandy Monday. I got a call from a nurse recruiter for a place called Stalling, or Stallworth. We are just getting settled in. Does anyone know of any childcare facilities that are reputable?
- Nov 13, '11 by Wave WatcherQuote from dreamweaverRNSo now I have a interview at Summit. I am avoiding the Nashville VA like the plague. I got horror stories about there management and short staffing. I have a interview at Vandy Monday. I got a call from a nurse recruiter for a place called Stalling, or Stallworth. We are just getting settled in. Does anyone know of any childcare facilities that are reputable?
I worked at Stallworth Rehab (across from Vanderbilt Children's Hosp.) . Not too bad of a place to work. Different than floor nursing in some degrees....patient nurse ratio on nights could be at least 10:1.
You will be dealing with rehabs such as: Cardiac, spinal, head injuries, ortho....just a few for example.
Great group of nurses/techs to work with.