I lived in Nashville for 20years before moving to Houston, Texas in 2006; so I'm familiar with the city, hospital, etc. Where in the city are you planning to live? There are several suburbs within 20-30minutes of downtown Nashville(we lived in Brentwood). You have Brentwood, Antioch, Lavergne, Symrna, Murfreesboro, Green Hills, etc.
In terms of hospitals, HCA owns several hospitals in the areas but I've listed some of the bigger hospitals below:
- Vanderbilt Medical Center
- Cetennial Medical Center/Women's Hospital
- Southern Hills Medical Center
- Nashville General Hospital @ Meharry(city owned)
- Metro Public Health Department
- Baptist Hospital
- Skyline Medical Center
- Saint Thomas Hospital
- Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
I worked at Vanderbilt medical center, Nashville general hospital and public health department. I loved it, pay was excellent including benefits.
Hope the information helped