Cumberland University-Mt. Juliet SiteRegister Today!
- by cpedigo May 2, '11Hey,
I was wondering the pros and cons of this program? And opinions of those who are in the program. How long does the program take to complete? Any information would be helpful and much appreciated!! Thanks, Cori!
- May 16, '11 by starla2112cpedigo- I was wondering if you have been able to find out anything about CUs program. I have posted a few things, but have not gotten any help. I hope to take my HESI this summer and start their program in the spring 2012. Are you still planning on going? If so, when? Thanks!
- May 17, '11 by cpedigoI haven't found out anything about the Mt. Juliet site except the classes are at night and clinicals are done on the weekends. I just took the Hesi exam Saturday. I will attend this fall at the Lebanon campus provided I get accepted. I know there is a number on there website you could call and get some info. I was just wanting to know more from students personal experiences in the program. Sorry, I couldn't be more help!
- May 19, '11 by starla2112You are fine. I was hoping for the same kind of information as you. I talked to a nurse at Sumner Regional and she said she had seen a few of the students from that program but not many. I am registered for the June Hesi exam and I am a little nervous. Was it all you thought it was going to be?
- May 19, '11 by cpedigoYeah I had the online study guide for it and thought it was good in preparing me for the actual exam. You are allowed to use a calculator on the math portion which makes it easier. Then the grammar vocab and reading portion is pretty straightforward. I liked that the one I took had short paragraphs for the reading comprehension so I wasn't boggled down with too much info. You chose the sections you want to do in the order that you feel best doing it in. I did math first so the conversions were fresh in my mind. There's only 5 sections: reading comp, grammar, math, vocab and learning style. I had plenty of time and you go at your own pace as long as you finish within 4 hrs you're good. Hope that helps! I didn't think it was difficult. Definitely know your conversions and military time!
- May 20, '11 by starla2112Thanks a lot! I hope everything works out well for you!
- Jun 5, '11 by hilary717I took the HESI last month there and am waiting to see if I got in the program this Fall. The only part that you really need to study for is math. Most of it is basic stuff, except you need to know all your imperial/metric conversions! I had trouble with that stuff because I had no clue how many pints are in a gallon, etc.
- Jun 5, '11 by cpedigoYeah I agree! I haven't heard from them either, but I already accepted a spot somewhere else.
- Jun 5, '11 by starla2112I know they say to allow 4 hours, but how long did it take you guys to finish? @hilary717-did they tell you a time frame for letting people know acceptance?
@cpedigo-what school did you accept? Are you still going to think about CU?
- Jun 5, '11 by hilary717It only took me an hour. They told me I'd get a letter in late June about acceptance.