Chattanooga State Online A & P I ?Register Today!
- by ChattNurseHopeful Jun 11, '11Hi everyone!
I am going back to school to finally pursue my dream to become a nurse. I live in Chattanooga, TN and will be enrolling in the Fall with Chattanooga State Com. College on Monday. When doing some research I noticed that there are a few Summer sessions for Anatomy and Physiology I. I'd like to take the one that is online so I can stay working full time til the Fall while knocking out a class. Plus it will really allow me to get back into the groove of school since I graduated in Dec. '08 with a Marketing degree so I'll need to get the studying routine down.
All that said, has anyone taken A&P with Chatt State (online or in-class)? Do you know if the A&P course is just a typical summer class of 6 weeks or a full 12-week class? I couldn't find on their site the date that A&P would start if it's online so I'm afraid maybe it's a 2 month class and I'm late in being able to take it (by maybe 2 weeks!!! ugh).
Thank you in advance for your help and ANY advice you can shed.
- Jun 14, '11 by my.toysI've taken the in-class version. If you do the Summer session, it will be 12 weeks and it will be INCREDIBLY fast paced.
- Jun 17, '11 by ChattNurseHopefulSo, I decided to take A&P I online this Fall. When pursuing my bachelors I took Anatomy & Physiology (as separate classes) so the material will be familiar, but still difficult. I hope it's not too bad. I'm thinking about taking Nutrition and/or Human Growth and Development online too to knock out more classes before applying. Any tips on those being in class or online?
Thanks so much!
- Jul 9, '11 by mandarpandarI took human growth and development online and it was super easy! The teacher gave us plenty of study guides and we basically just read the chapters, took quizzes and tests on them and did two projects during the semester where you type out a summary of a subject on the class forum. Not bad at all. Anyone taken A&P online? I am taking it on campus this fall, but was thinking of switching to online
- Jul 9, '11 by carrie_cI took all my prereqs online, A and P, micro, psyc, everything, and I loved it. It's so much better than having to go to class. But it's very time consuming and you have to be able to manage your time. But I would recommend it. I only wish I could find a general chemistry class online.
- Mandarpandar and Carrie: did you take those classes at Chattanooga state or another school? Thanks for your replies!!
- Jul 10, '11 by carrie_cI took mine through Cleveland state, but I believe they are all the same because they all go through Regents online.
- That's such a relief! I hope it's not too bad when I take it this fall. Are you in a nursing program yet? If not when and where are you hoping to get in? I'm trying for chatt state fall 12.
- Jul 10, '11 by carrie_cI just graduated from Cleveland State's nursing program. I'm going to go for my Bachelor's, probably do it all online through UTC. I like online classes much better. I didn't think A and P was too bad. I thought micro was harder. Good luck!
- Congrats! Thank you for all the advice and thoughts from your experience. Good luck getting your bachelors!