Baptist College of Health Science- Spring 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 27, '12 by DadStudentPerhapsI sent off for more information today. I was talking to a lady I work with who has already put in her application. She said that Baptist has a weekend course that does not require attendance during the week? I thought it was a combination of both, classes during the week and clinicals on weekends? Then again, I may be thinking about Southwest's schedule. If it is indeed a weekends only class, this will help me tremendously because my job requires me to travel (at times) during the week.
- Jan 12 by PrincessFutureRNFrom what I see on the course catalog, nights and weekend students have class on both not just weekends, for example a class might be wed nights 6-9 or a class might be tues/thurs/ 6-9 and all day saturday. No way of just having weekends only, from what I can see.
- Apr 2 by cb2004I was waitlisted for fall of 2013. I am thinking my chances are not great because of my GPA. Once you get an associates is it easier to transfer to the program?
- Apr 19 by PrincessFutureRNQuote from cb2004It mostly depends on what classes you have taken and the gpa not so much already having a degree since they accept seniors from high school also. It used to be an exam the HOBET that would help your chances but they stop giving it for some reason. Keep me posted about your acceptance!I was waitlisted for fall of 2013. I am thinking my chances are not great because of my GPA. Once you get an associates is it easier to transfer to the program?
- If you dont mind me asking how long did the process of acceptance take. Like when did you apply and how long before you knew you were in. Also, how many prerequisites had you finished before applying
- Hey Jessie,
I know this is totally off subject but I am interested in this school as well. Can you tell me if you are able to work during the day time program. I was told that they no longer had a nights and wkend program that would allow people to still hold down a job while attending classes at night. I just dont want to apply and then get myself into a bind where I cant work and help support my family at the same time
- what was you gpa
- Apr 25 by DadStudentPerhapsHi, been a little while since I posted. It has been a rough year so far. I decided to go ahead and enroll in A&P I on-line at Northwest this past semester. (I will never take A&P on-line again, but I did pass). My mom went into the hospital on 1/14 & passed away on 1/16, so I was dealing with that as soon as the Semester began. This put me about a week or so behind right out of the gate. Then when the 2nd half of the semester started, there was a computer gliche on the schools end that occured at the start of Spring Break and that caused me to get behind another week......The Instructor was understanding and did allow me extra time to submit my assignments and get caught up. Needless to say, A&P I was a grind from start to finish... the final grade has not been posted yet, but if my calculations are correct, I missed getting a "B" by 2.6 points. (bummer) However, I did get an "A" in lab. Not sure how the "C" in A&P will effect my GPA or chances of enrolling in Baptist, hopefully they will be understanding. I'm sure my GPA will remain a little over 3.0. I was expecting some info from Baptist in the mail but never received anything. I am going to send off for it again. Thanks for all of your information. It is very helpful.
- May 1 by DadStudentPerhapsWell.... scratch my last post, my calculations were wrong.....(thank goodness).... I got an "A"