Baptist College of Health Sciences!!!
- 0Jan 5, '12 by KML504I'm starting this spring 2012 At BCHS and I really dont know what organizations to join. I really wanted to be an AKA but for some reason Baptist doesnt have a chapter. So what organization so I join if I am a fulltime student with a child at home. I need time to study and work.. Any suggestions????
- 0Jan 11, '12 by TNRESCUERBesides a few student groups, arranging community service, small parties and celebrations on campus, and etc, there really are none there. Forget the organizations, find some (few) nice people to study with if thats the way you study, and focus on your child first, and study 2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th. I graduated last year, besides the Sigma Theta Tau, was not in anything else period. Bout all I can think of now, but if you have any other questions I would be very happy to provide any.
- 0Jan 15, '12 by RNewbieI am a BCHS alumni. You might consider something like Student Gov Association if you want to be involved in something. I did not participate in anything while enrolled. School, studying, and work was enough. I think they had intramural sports. I do remember attending frequent gatherings and cookouts on campus. Good luck!
- 0Jan 23, '12 by villasamsKML504, I was wondering if you could tell me more about your path to getting accepted to the nursing program. I am considering BCHS but I would like a first person account of what it's like. Who was your advisor, what is your "i wish I would have know this" advice. Thanks for anything you can give me. I appreciate it and congratulations on getting accepted!
- 0Feb 1, '12 by lghusaHello new Nursing student!! You are looking for stuff to do on campus? BCHS does not have any Greek organizations but there are plenty of other groups to consider. The National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) is a good place to start. Although it is not as "social" as a sorority there is opportunity for leadership and community service. If you get involved while you are still in gen eds then it can really work to your advantage once you start clinical. Other organizations include the SGA; they do a lot of the fun stuff on campus. B.A.S.I.C is a faith based group that sponsors a mission trip every spring break. If you are interested in NSNA feel free to email me, Lisa Harrington. I am a senior nursing student and current president of our NSNA chapter.