2013 Nashville Area New Grad Pay
- 2Feb 14, '13 by serenitylove14Just starting this thread for anyone who wants to know what different hospitals start their new grads at.
Middle Tennessee Medical Center 18.40 Weekend diff= 2.??
Add as you see fit!
- 2Mar 14, '13 by Mr.FutureDNP23Skyline and some HCA hospitals will start out: Not saying this is the norm. Just from what I've seen with my own eyes.
ASN (females) -18.00 ASN (males) - no idea
BSN (females) - 19.00 BSN (males) - 21.60
Shift diff - 3 or 4.00
Vanderbilt - I've heard anywhere from 18-24 starting out.
St. Thomas - I've heard just 18-19 to start out.
Hope this helps!
- 0Mar 25, '13 by serenitylove14Quote from tnmarieExactly, lol. But the VA will pay you for your experience as an LPN if you get a job there as an RN.This is RN pay? I make more than some of those and I'm an LPN living in a very rural area. At least I know not to expect a big raise if/when I finish my RN now .
- 1May 25, '13 by BlueBabyNurseI PROMISE you Vandy will NOT pay a new grad anywhere near $24 an hour. You may get $18-21. They have good shift differentials though, and good insurance. And another poster mistakenly said they require one OT shift each six weeks, which is slightly misleading. They require an on call shift every 6 weeks, but if your unit is short then you will probably get called in.
- 1May 31, '13 by CrazyGoonRNQuote from serenitylove14Is the VA only 8 hour shifts?Vanderbilt it 36 hours a week and like 1 shift of overtime per 6week scheduling period. MTMC is 36 hours a week with no overtime required unless you want it. VA is 40 hours a week with no overtime unless you want it.