looking for home-based triage position - page 5
by Jana Stephens | 40,428 Views | 46 Comments
Does anybody out there know of any national companies that offer home-based telephone triage positions? I am well-experienced in phone triage but recently moved to an area with no triage jobs. I have one lead--Intellicare in... Read More
- 0Oct 11, '06 by ksskDoes anyone here currently work for Intellicare? I noticed that they had some positions open on their web site but listed for their offices in Knoxville and Missouri. I live in Richmond, VA but I know they do have an pffice in Roanoke, VA so didn't know if they would work with that.
Any info would be great.
Thank you so much!
- 0Nov 8, '07 by JDW-PANot sure if this will help, but while I was searching for home based tele nursing jobs i ran across one in TX. My TX geography is not good, so I don't know if this will work for you but there is one based out of San Antonio called Carenet that does triage-tele nursing, but i'm in PA and when i contacted them, they said i needed to be within 2 hrs of them. Give it a try - you have nothing to lose. Good Luck. (p.s. if you hear of anything in the PA area - be sure to give me a "shout-out" about it please.)
- 0Apr 11, '08 by joy09I just applied for a job there. They have 15 openings for RN. Seems like there are some states they don't hire in. I live in Pa. I have a diverse background of 25 years. I work as a school nurse now but had five years urgent care experience ending in October 2007. I have management, education experience and a master's in nursing. I don't know if they will care about it if I don't have the telephone triage you had. Also, I am looking into an ER position per diem over the summer. If they would hire me, I probably would prefer 20 hours of it and 20 hours of ER. Do you think I have a shot?
- 0Oct 5, '08 by Shadian725Hi
I enjoyed the posts re: Tele Advice Nursing
Ive been in the field for three years in Vancouver Canada, serving a large public population. I really am going to miss my position as Telenurse here.
I am moving to Southern Cal to be closer to my girlfriend there
Ive tried Kaiser's site for tele nursing but dont see much at the moment
Id rather continue working in the same field, eventually going to work-from home.
Can you help me with any leads to contact info of such facilities hiring in southern Cal?
- 0Aug 17, '12 by hometriagenurseNemours/AIduPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington Delaware has home based RNs doing telephone triage. However even though they work from home 99% of the time, you must be in close proximity to be able to drive into the hospital if there is a power outage or some sort of computer issue at your home. It is am amazing service to patients and perfect job for nurses who want to work at home!