Has anyone gone through the Kaiser background check?
- 0Jul 25, '11 by cbcleSo I just applied for a Kaiser advice nurse position. So far, so good, I've passed the triage test and the customer service test, but my background check is still pending. My background is clean except for some speeding tickets. It seems to be taking forever! Also, they outsource the background check to LexisNexis and I swear every day they're asking me to send them a copy of a W2 or paystub for jobs that I've had years ago. Luckily I still have my W2s and some paystubs, but I can't figure out why they need all this stuff. Has anyone else gotten a job with Kaiser recently? Is the extensive background check normal? I'm getting nervous even though I know I have nothing to hide!
- 0Nov 4, '11 by Delmarkid02Hi congrats on the job offer. I am going through the same thing with kaiser. I got the job offer pending background and drug test. It's been about a week and a half and I know I just need to be patient with nothing to hide. Just wondering about how long the process ended up taking. Thanks (reason being saw some bad reviews on lexis nexis)
Thanks for any input !
- 0Nov 5, '11 by cbcleHi there. Congrats on your offer as well! The background check ended up taking about 3 weeks from start to finish. Gather all of your paystubs and W2s because they do follow up and ask for documentation for each job you've had no matter how small. It all ended up being fine, just tedious. Thank goodness I keep all that stuff. Did you do your PBDS test yet?
- 1Nov 10, '11 by chels2386Hi i just recently got hired at Kaiser and the background check is a pain in the you know what. I would suggest what I did and call the HR department and say something to the point of " I don't have all my w2, what do you think i should do." I did this and the lady at the HR basically made sure she had what she needed and cleared me. I guess lexis nexis is just kinda of a crazy company as far as background checks go! I am officially hired on! CONGRATS
- 0Nov 15, '11 by Delmarkid02Thanks for the info as well. I passed the background check and have finally been hired. I sent in whatever info I had and tried to retrieve. When I finally got a copy of my background check I noticed some of the information Lexis Nexis gathered were not accurate and marked as a discrepancy. Being that I was still marked as passing the background check I don't see any reason in having to clear it up. One thing I did notice that all communication emailed back and forth between you and lexis nexis is reported on the background check. So making efforts to try to obtain information is noted. With all that said and done it was a long process but I happy to say its over and now the new career begins!! Congrats to you all!! (Total Hiring Process from offer to processing... just over 3 weeks.)