Any telephonic disease management nurses out there? Advice?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Any telephonic disease management nurses out there? Advice? in Telephone Triage Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... After many years of floor nursing, I've been offered a job as a telephonic disease mgmt nurse. I...by Squib Sep 18, '11After many years of floor nursing, I've been offered a job as a telephonic disease mgmt nurse. I have no experience at this type of nursing and don't know anyone who does.
I will train on-site for several months, then work from home.
Can anyone with experience in this tell me what you like or dislike about it?
Any tips or advice is appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=618763©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,393 Views
- Sep 21, '11 by kona2Hi Squib. I don't have telephone disease management advice, but just wanted to wish you good luck! Seems like an interesting job. Hope you like it!
- Sep 22, '11 by SquibThanks!
- Sep 23, '11 by RNChristyI am presently employed for an insurance company doing Telephonic Disease Management. I have been working here for 1 1/2 years. It is a LOT of educating the members but it rewarding most of the time. I Wish I could work from home!!! What state are you in?
- Sep 28, '11 by SquibRNChristina,
I'm in Arizona.
I'm glad to hear that it's rewarding. What do you like and dislike about it?
- Sep 29, '11 by RNChristySometimes I do miss bedside nursing. I like it because you get to know your patients after a while. Sometimes they do make a change after hearing your education. Good luck!!