who's taken the teas v??? - page 15
by sch1109 265,424 Views | 280 Comments
And what did you think? I took it last week and feel like I was prepared for the Math and Reading portions by using the study guide but I really struggled with the Science portion. For me it was a lot of Chemistry and it's been a... Read More
- 0Apr 29, '11 by ShaesterQuote from Candicen83What's the best way to study for the test? Because I bought TEAS V book, and studied page by page, but didn't find it helpful. The science part is very difficult. Please help, thanks.Sure thing. Some of the bloggers' suggestions on this site helped me when I was studying for the TEAS. Just want to do my part in return.
- 0Apr 29, '11 by ShaesterQuote from aclaysThanks for the quick reply. I did spend a lot of time study the TEAS V study manual page by page, i realized that the question format on the real test was similar to the ones in the study guide, but they are different. For the Science part, I study all the material from that book, but it doesn't have anything to do with the test. The study manual does mention a lot of the science topic, but not in the ways that help answering the questions on the test. So what could be the best way to prepare for the science part. I guessed on a lot of the science questions during the test.Study harder on the material in that book. I spent a week focusing on that ATI TEAS V study guide and got a 99th percentile score. I didn't see a single thing on the test that wasn't covered in the study guide somewhere.
- 0May 26, '11 by pattyannei agree! i will be taking the TEAS V in June 8th. other online resources have been helping me with some stuff i don't quite understand. links from terms looked up at dictionary.com have led me to sites that have been very helpful to understanding what some scientific descriptions mean, especially organ systems and anatomy.
hope this helps!
- 0May 31, '11 by tina_grewalhey, have u taken the teas test, how was it? Can you help me with the books you referred?
quote=pattyanne;5178431]i agree! i will be taking the TEAS V in June 8th. other online resources have been helping me with some stuff i don't quite understand. links from terms looked up at dictionary.com have led me to sites that have been very helpful to understanding what some scientific descriptions mean, especially organ systems and anatomy.
hope this helps![/quote]
- 0Jun 1, '11 by pattyanne@tina_grewal: i have yet to take the TEAS V on Wednesday, next week. online resources include:
Balancing Chemical equations: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/stoich.../aa042903a.htm
Human Science Systems:
i find their online tests very helpful in the realization of some topics not covered in the TEAS V study guide. i've likewise added another supplementary study guide from our local library with quizzes built-in:
Learning Express, Complete Test Preparation, Nursing School Entrance Exam
2nd Ed. 2009
it also imparts a "test preparation" system like making educated guesses, stress management, making a study plan, and learning styles. love it!
hope this helps and God bless all of us!
- 0Jun 11, '11 by Tran24Hello. I didn't do very well on my 1st try on the TEAS V test. Before I took the test, I've only reviewed through the TEAS V manual and nothing else. Now I am reviewing through the TEAS V manual and the Mcgraw Hill. For those who have retaken the test, was the test the same as the 1st time you took it?
- 0Jun 15, '11 by mstrainFor all those who has taken the teas V and used the study guide along with the online pretest through ATI.
1. What is the real exam like in comparision to the questions in the book and or comparision with the online tests.
2. If you have taken the test before and retook the exam were they the similiar same set of questions.
3.I purchased the online test and personally seem really different in comparision to the study manual questions.
What feedback can you give me that helps to understand the test better.
Greatly appreciate all feedback
- 0Jun 15, '11 by Emme PThe teas v study guide from ati is almost exactly like the teas . If you study the guide you will do great! Every topic is covered in the guide. I bought the study guide but foolishly didn't use it and scored a 73 overall my first try. I scored in the high 80s and low 90s on everything except science, which I scored a 54. I had only half a semester in A&P I though. I am going to take it again next week.