Took the TEAS V yesterday... - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 22, '12 by sealfordFrom what I have read, you are not allowed a calculator.
- Quote from stephalina6No. All of the questions can be done by hand. No graphing or calculus or anything like that.Are you allowed a calculator?
- Quote from johnson9394Biology, chemistry, A&P.. It was a random mix of all these.How was the science portion on the test; i hear it is difficult, what should i focus studying on
- Quote from pabloM1971I don't think the TEAS is tricking anyone. I found it to be well worded and not all that difficult. The ACT was much harder than the TEAS.I feel like ATI is making so much profits by tricking people with the TEAS exam. I have been trying to get into the program. I fail the first try and yesterday I took it again. I will see the results this week since I took it on paper. Hopefully I will pass it this time. Sometimes, I do not really understand why if there is a shortage of nurses, schools make the dream of becoming a nurse even more difficult. I do have a GPA of 3.76 and I have been on the Dean's list for about three years in a row. Even so, I have not gotten into the program yet.
Good luck to all those who are trying to pass this test!
- Jul 23, '12 by Nursing 2014I bought the TEAS V Practice Test book on Amazon for $15 including shipping. I also bought online Practice Test A on ATI for $37.00, the night before the test which was close. I took and passed the test with flying colors and was admitted to the nuring program for Fall 2011.
- Jul 23, '12 by CallieNMI didn't do so well on my reading comprehension either the first time I took the TEAS. So I went to the library and searched for a Reading Comprehension practice book and I found one that really helped! It just basically reviewed the type of questions I will see on a test and then it had a bunch of practice questions.
Also GET THE TEAS STUDY GUIDE!!!
My TEAS score went from a 65.4% to a 80.7% and I have that study guide to thank!!
It is good you did well on the science portion, that was a difficult section because it is mostly chemistry and life science, not really anatomy which we as Nursing Students tend to spend most of your time studying!
My score really improved in my science portion because I found someone good at chemistry and they talked me through it all the night before the exam. I got a 100% on that section!!!
Good luck to you!
- When reviewing for the math portion, be sure to be very comfortable with long hand division and multiplication.
Things like 3.45x450 or 654/2.2
BY HAND. QUICKLY.
I default to dimensional analysis if I don't KNOW exactly how to do a problem.
I used cross multiplication several times.
Ex: 6 X
- = -
7x = 6•2
x = 1.71
- Aug 2, '12 by MrsButtersworthi also feel like its a racket!!! the profits they make are insane, and this test proves nothing,
- Aug 7, '12 by jrinoldino calculators=(