Took my TEAS V this morning, first try. - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 12, '12 by shawnajuanitaCongrats on those scores!! I'm sure you are relieved! I'm taking the TEAS V in 2 weeks and have been studying for the past three weeks. I'm hoping to make at least an 85 adjusted score. Wish me luck
- Aug 12, '12 by libran1984It looks like you were well-prepared. I could only hope my study manuals prepared me as much as they did for you ^_^
- Aug 12, '12 by adoRNo2b2015Thanks RD! I am confused on something though. I see a lot of people talking about overall or adjusted scores on here. Some I have seen have not passed every minimum but still passed the TEAS. How does that work?
- Aug 12, '12 by RainbowDashQuote from mom2banurseThe Adjusted Individual Total Score is your overall score on the exam. Then you are graded by section, and under each section's grade it lists each component of the section and your grade for each, letting you know what you missed and what you nailed.Thanks RD! I am confused on something though. I see a lot of people talking about overall or adjusted scores on here. Some I have seen have not passed every minimum but still passed the TEAS. How does that work?
It is entirely dependent on the nursing program you have chosen as to which scores matter. Some judge your Academic Preparedness Level (which is based off your Individual Score, listed under it on your results). Some base it on the percentile for the nation that you fall into (in my case, 94th.) Some base it on your program percentile (for ADN, I fell at a 95th.) Some judge your overall score. And then certain schools break it down by section and have minimum requirements for each section. Some schools do not count certain sections. It varies. All you have to do is know the requirements at your particular school of choice.
Thank you all for the congratulations, I am quite proud and I wish you all the very best luck in owning the TEAS and making it into your programs!!!!!!!
- Aug 12, '12 by jesilva80Great job!! I agree with you about the science section, (very far out there)...
- Aug 12, '12 by andreabaezCongrats, which study guides did you use? Im suppost to take it this year too.
- Aug 12, '12 by RainbowDashQuote from andreabaezI used the TEAS V study guide published by ATI. It was my bible. I did both practice exams in the back as well as the practice questions included throughout the text. It is a great resource.Congrats, which study guides did you use? Im suppost to take it this year too.
- Aug 12, '12 by Getting To GreatDo you personally know anyone who has or is currently attending the program in Melbourne?
- Aug 13, '12 by RainbowDashQuote from Juliansmom2011Not personally, but I have met some really great nurses while I was a patient in Holmes Regional who were Keiser grads, and they said they loved it and that it is a great school. I had my formal interview with the dean today, and she automatically accepted me!!! My core starts Sep 3, 2013 I am very pleased - and also scared out of my mind LOL... I can't believe I made it this far and it only gets harder from here!!Do you personally know anyone who has or is currently attending the program in Melbourne?
- Aug 13, '12 by Jenn8427Did y'all take the online practice test? How did it compare?