TEAS V - page 5
Hello everyone, The TEAS sticky is great for general TEAS questions, but I wanted to start a more specific TEAS thread for TEAS V. For anyone who has taken both 4.0 and V, was there a big difference? If so what are the... Read More
- 0Oct 17, '10 by PacoUSA, BSN, RNQuote from Sings&ShootsClearly, there is no geometry. I have been studying for the TEAS using the study guide sections in there as a roadmap and then using Barrons from the library as an additional resource. The Barrons book does cover geometry but that is because it is a comprehensive review guide for not only the TEAS but for some other entrance exams such as NLN-PAX and the NET which may cover that part of math. Hope I don't get screwed over though and have geometry show up by surprise!I had the same question. I also have another study guide that has a lot of geometry in it. I just ordered the TEAS V study guide from Amazon for $22. I am taking the test at the end of this month. The math part without a calculator scares me. I can do math, I'm just not very fast!
I did purchase one of the practice tests on the ATI website and took the whole thing yesterday morning. It was a good way for me to experience a TEAS-like test and at the end they give you a nice handy report that scores your sections like the real test and pinpoints what areas you need to focus your studies. My test is less than 3 weeks away, I don't need to waste time studying topics that I do well in. Clearly though, science will be my crutch ... it was my lowest score at 60%. Math and reading scores were both in the high 80's and I would like to try to push those into the 90's. I got high 70's in Eng lang/usage but most of what I got wrong in that section were due to STUPID mistakes! I need to be more careful when I read and that section will be OK.
- 0Oct 22, '10 by SerenePeachQuote from 8i8i8iThat's right. Log on, click on "My Results" and under the "Proctored Assessments" tab, there should be a link to your test results. If you haven't seen anything after two weeks, I would call ATI to see what's going on.oh, am i not looking at the right section? i log into the ati site and then click on «my results»
- 0Oct 22, '10 by PacoUSA, BSN, RNQuote from SerenePeachMy TEAS is in 2 weeks, but the school where I am taking the test is stating that a score report will be available for us to print at the end of the test.It took me 2 days to get my test results. Not sure why, but on ATI's website, it says that test results are available 48 hours after completion of test. How are you getting your scores right away?
- 0Oct 22, '10 by snookiejcI took the TEAS V last Friday (paper and pencil) and just got my results today.
75% Science YIKES!
86.7% English & Language Usage
I have to take TEAS IV on Monday, since one of the schools I applied for only wants version 4. So bummed that I have to take it again, but now that I know my weak subject is science, my goal is to get nothing less than a 90% overall. Has anyone else taken both versions? If so, do you have any advice for version 4?
- 0Oct 22, '10 by snookiejcQuote from Paco69Some of us had to take a paper and pencil exam. The exams are then mailed to Kansas, (where ATI is located,) for scoring. My score took one week to be posted.That's odd. My scores will be made available right after I finish the test. Why do y'all have to wait for your scores??