TEAS EXAM: I failed...Anyone take it with some advice? - Page 8Register Today!
- Jan 30, '10 by StayingOnThePathSimply buy the ATI TEAS book at your college bookstore or wherever workbooks are sold. I passed (YAY, but kinda no surprise there) on the first try and it's definitely easier than taking the NLN. + the TEAS scores are much easier to understand than the NLN scores too. Much luck to you all.
Again, just buy the ATI TEAS book. My version was purple (Barney colored, ooooh!). Then do the practice tests while timing yourself, figure out your weaknesses from the questions you got wrong, and do research, thats right, online research on the topics that you got wrong. Look at youtube videos if you cannot get it after reading over a topic twice. You'll get it by then, that's for sure.
I expected to do badly with the chemistry section (i never really like that subject) on the test, since i was doing terribly with them in the practice book. To my luck, I managed to get that portion at 100%. Just totally, man! Just awesome!
Buenasuerte to you all future nurses!
P.S. Also, don't rush when taking the TEAS. And most importantly, don't cram, your chance at failure will increase. Either you know the info the day before, or you don't. If you don't then you can make the best of it by deductive reasoning, but don't cram. It just doesn't work with these nursing tests.
- Jan 30, '10 by StayingOnThePathcongrats mguido6! may your journey thru nursing school be successful!
- Feb 2, '10 by blessedbarnhartsI was wondering if the test provides equations and formulas, or do you have to have them memorized on your own? Thanks!
- Feb 2, '10 by StayingOnThePathUnfortunately, there aren't any formulas given for the online version of the test. Luckily for you, there aren't too many to remember...or forget. Centimeter to inch conversion was probably the one that I really had to pull out of my head - it's been quite a while since i used it. You gotta know your circles and area formulas. I hope this helps. I would suggest studying everything about math up until precalculus. There's absolutely no precalculus on it! Amazing!
- Feb 3, '10 by Rylee2008We have to take the test in order to get into the nursing program. I failed the first time in the math by 1 point. I later found out while talking to other students, I was the only student who was not given a calculator. The directions even indicate you can not use a calculator. I had to wait six months and it is now posted you can use a calculator. When I took the test over, it was the same exact test. I was told since I did poorly in the math, they weren't sure I would do well in the nursing program. Egg on their face, I'm have received only A's and B's and I graduate in May. Get the study guide, some of the questions in the guide are on the test.
- Feb 10, '10 by emrebeth3i am so scared to take it but i am preparing with the ati study manual guide.
- Feb 10, '10 by StayingOnThePathYou'll do well if you focus on your weaknesses more than your strengths. Also, don't take your time on it. Basically, give yourself 1 min per question.
Good luck and go get 'em!
- Feb 10, '10 by StayingOnThePathWhen I mean focus on your weaknesses - i mean study your weaknesses very well to the point where you can know it as well as your strengths. It would be effortless to think further about the answer to a question, plus, you won't take as much time.
- Feb 12, '10 by TurtleLittleHIc, I was so screwed, I just got 83.5% the 1st time, and wonder if I should take it away! Kinda on the fence, because the minimum to get into my program is 80. However, the more score u have, the more points they give u.(while they don't check much on ur GPA! just 4 courses out of the whole pre-regs!WEIRD)
Looks like everybody has the same trouble of the Science component. I was shocked like OMG I couldn't do earth science, so I shouldn't become a nurse?! ECK. Physical science was the worst, I barely understand the term. lolz. I don't say that the questions r super super hard, but I have trouble with the timing. I figured that the more I stayed in the testing room, the worse I do on the test. Seriously, they expect you to take everything in 4 hours!I did badly in the English part all because I was so tired n my brain couldn't work!hic hic hic.
S.o over here said they got 92 something? whoa! I got the Ati studyguide but was too cheap to order the online practice test, how silly of me! So as my point of view, ATI is a big jerk, it's ripping you off right? since everything is on the studyguide n the practice test!Or maybe it's just the capibility of each individual since many stuffs r most likely from common sense. If u know it, u know it! It cant be helped?!
Anyways, if I take it again, it costs me another 100 dollars! 0.0
- Feb 13, '10 by surgery07I am also studying for the TEAS, Im finding that the online pretest is a lot different then the study guide? Which studying material is the test more based on? Can anyome help? Thanks!