TEAS EXAM: I failed...Anyone take it with some advice? - Page 6Register Today!
- Jul 22, '09 by OneDayAttaTimeI'm going to the ACHIEVE BSN program at La Salle.
- Jul 22, '09 by Ms. Nurse AssistantI took the TEAS test and did good on the Science part. It was just basic common knowledge either you know it or you don't. Science is such a broad subject, I don't know how you can really study for it if you don't know what will end up on the test. it's like they can throw anything at you, you just have to know it.
I would suggest trying to apply to a school that doesn't make you take the TEAS
- Aug 28, '09 by ChanelCinqTook the TEAS today and I am soooooo happy. I ranked in the 99th percentile with an overall 92.4%.
I used both the Kaplan guide and ATI's official TEAS study guide. Get the ATI study guide!!! It totally saved me. The Kaplan was a waste of time. The ATI guide is exactly like the test. And all those questions people complain about like types of rocks and types of plates in the ocean. They are in the ATI book whereas Kaplan didn't have any of that.
I also paid for an ATI practice exam and it was itentical to the real thing. I even logged into the same place when I took the simulated and the real test.
My break down was
Reading 95% and 89th percentile
Math 100% and 99th percentile
Science 83.3% and 97th percentile
English 92.7% and 99th percentile
I don't completely understand percentile ranking as in reading I got 95% but fell into the 89th percentile. Science was my lowest at 83.3% but I ranked high in the 97th percentile.
I had planned on taking it more than once but I don't think I need to. Again I highly reccomend the ATI guide and their online practice exams.
- Aug 28, '09 by Sarah HayQuote from OneDayAttaTimeGloating are we?But I scored in the 90th percentile nationally, and 93rd in the program.
- Oct 31, '09 by pbnurrseIs 67.1% for TEAS individual score passing for Indiana State Nursing program?
- Oct 31, '09 by CeilingCatQuote from ChanelCinqI got about the same score, also ranking in the 99th percentile.Took the TEAS today and I am soooooo happy. I ranked in the 99th percentile with an overall 92.4%.
Alot of it is stuff I vaguely remembered from high school science/english/math. I bought a few review books. I had a hard time finding "TEAS" specific books, but there were some that included TEAS and the other tests they cover are similar enough. Take the time to review the basics, such as basic formulas (C to F temps, math formulas such as area/perimeter).
I did not pay for any online classes/tests.
Review really basic chem and bio... really simple stuff like what the Krebs cycle is or what atomic bonds are. If you're really lost, maybe stop by your library and skim over some of the intro-level books?
If you're not applying for NS yet and can work on some pre-reqs, do those first. Sometimes the stuff you cover in will have a few questions on the exam. I took my pre-req Stats, Anatomy/Physiology, and English classes before the TEAS -- that material helped me alot. In my school, I could take all the non-nursing classes I wanted before applying for & starting the nursing-program classes.
- Nov 18, '09 by 5_Star_NurseHello There, I see you did very well on your English TEAS Test. I did badly on my first attempt, Could you offer some tips on how to do well ?
- Nov 18, '09 by ChanelCinqQuote from 5_Star_Nurse5 Star Nurse I am not sure if your question was directed to me or someone else but I did post my scores. I really don't remember the English section at all but I swear if you purchase the study guide by ATI and do their online practice tests you will have a huge edge over every one else.Hello There, I see you did very well on your English TEAS Test. I did badly on my first attempt, Could you offer some tips on how to do well ?
I highly recommend the study guide that ATI puts out.
- Nov 18, '09 by 5_Star_NurseYeah, It was directed to you. I have studied the ATI Manual/Study guide still... I do badly in the English portion. Any other suggestions??Thank u
- Nov 18, '09 by mguido6Sorry to hear you failed I took it October and the second time I passed. I would use the learning express library that was very rite now I am waiting to see if I am waitlisted or not.