TEAS - any suggestions as to what book is the best for studying purposes?Register Today!
- by srivers777 Sep 5, '12HELLO,
I am studying for the TEAS and would love to know if anyone has any suggestions as to what book is the best for studying purposes.
THAnks!Last edit by TheCommuter on Sep 12, '12 : Reason: edited
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=781939©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 628 Views
- Sep 5, '12 by Kadair821Study the subjects that you are weak in... go over the science part and if you are good in english and reading, skip those parts... math was my weakness.Last edit by TheCommuter on Sep 12, '12 : Reason: Terms of service
- Sep 12, '12 by srivers777Thanks.Last edit by TheCommuter on Sep 12, '12 : Reason: Terms of service
- Sep 13, '12 by Heather0399Make sure you know your Chemistry and how to balance chemical equations. I only had about 2 anatomy type questions but was loaded with chemistry and microbiology. The English was fairly easy but I would brush up on it if you aren't real strong in dissecting sentences. I didn't think the math was too bad but know some algebra.
As for books, I had one that I got from the school but I think Barnes and Noble sells it too. It is the one recommended by the TEAS company it was pretty good.
- Sep 13, '12 by CallieNMI really liked the ATI TEAS Study Guide!
- Sep 13, '12 by proudtobehismommyThe ATI study guide is definitely the best book to use! However, I would also recommend looking up things a bit more in depth online Khan Academy is great! I only had a couple of basic A&P questions on my test and there were a lot of chemistry, biology, and microbiology questions. For math practice converting decimals, fractions, and percents to and from one another as well as PEMDAS, foil, factoring, solving for x, etc. The English and reading were pretty basic and all you need for those categories are the study guide but you should be fine in those areas even without it!