Chemistry on the TEAS V?Register Today!
- by proudtobehismommy Aug 19, '12I have never taken a chemistry course but heard it is on the test. What in particular should I study in regards to chemistry, is the ATI manual enough?? Again, thank you so much to everyone on here! :-)
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=773689©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,125 Views
- Aug 19, '12 by java12I did not have any Chem on my Teas test.. I took it last week. The tests obviously vary so a general knowledge of all subjects is important.
The ATI manual is definitely enough. I found it to be the MOST valuable resource, much more than any other book, I bought every one.
One word of advice; I spent so much time and effort studying math and science that I did not focus at all on the punctuation aspect of the test.
Clearly math and science are major parts of the exam, but in my case not reviewing when to use semicolons vs. dashes, etc, meant a difference between scoring advanced and exemplary.
- Aug 20, '12 by CallieNMQuote from proudtobehismommyMy TEAS exam did have a couple chemistry questions. Nothing too difficult if you understand chemistry... But I didnt so I seemed additional help. I would study balancing equations and the difference between a given elements atomic mass/number.I have never taken a chemistry course but heard it is on the test. What in particular should I study in regards to chemistry, is the ATI manual enough?? Again, thank you so much to everyone on here! :-)
- Aug 20, '12 by zoe92I am brushing up on basic Chemistry using this website: Chemistry Virtual Textbook. I recommend it because it breaks the basic concepts of chemistry down.
- Aug 20, '12 by proudtobehismommyWow, thank you all so much! Every time I post on this website I am amazed at how nice and helpful everyone is!