Book reccomendations for the Science Portion.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Book reccomendations for the Science Portion. in TEAS Exam Help, part of Nursing Student ... I recently took the TEAS Test this past Monday for the LPN program I have applied to, I scored 2%...by BrittanyDorner Aug 24, '12I recently took the TEAS Test this past Monday for the LPN program I have applied to, I scored 2% lower than the preferred score to enter the school. I did fairly on all subjects except for the science portion, it was not at all what I had expected and having not taken science in 4 years killed me. I didn't order any books and just researched and printed review pages related to the TEAS review.
I Re-take the test Sept. 17th and have ordered the ATI TEAS V Review manual. Can anyone tell me if that book helped them with the science portion? If not are there any other books that go into further depth of the science portion that are fairly cheap considering I have already bought the ATI book?
Thank you, Brittany <3
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=776947©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,008 Views
- Aug 25, '12 by zoe92I definitely recommend the ATI study guide that you've purchased. That's all I bought to study from. I also recommend going on quizlet.com and searching for TEAs V science flashcards that other people have already made. That really helped me.
- Oct 12, '12 by token787Thanks for the quizlet site.
- Oct 12, '12 by jonesel9@zoe92,What about the online Practice Assessment Form that ATI has on their website?Would you recommend that as well?
- Oct 19, '12 by hermione77I didn't get the ATI book, but I used the Complete Idiot's Guide to Nursing Entrance Exams and Cracking the Nursing School Entrance Exams from the Princeton Review. They both seem good, although to be honest I didn't complete either of them. To be honest, what helped me the most on the science section was not letting too much time pass between taking my A&P, microbio, and chem courses and taking the test. All the info was still pretty fresh in my mind and most of the info on the science portion seemed related to those in some way.
- Oct 19, '12 by jonesel9I agree and that is why I am taking the TEAS after I finish my science classes. I am finishing up my science classes now so it will still be fresh in my mind since I heard the science section is scattered in almost all courses.
- Oct 22, '12 by hermione77@jonesel9 That strategy really helped me. Hope it helps you too!
- Nov 5, '12 by jonesel9Thank you for sharing your experience.
- Nov 8, '12 by silencedBelieve it or not, a good medical terminology course will help you some on the sciences portion. The official TEAS review book should help to some extent, and you can fill in what it doesn't explain well with the "____ for Dummies" series of books (I nabbed anat/phys, biology and chemistry.)
- Dec 14, '12 by jonesel9Thank you.