Tell me how you made >$100K or more per yearRegister Today!
- by Meep,RN Sep 27, '11I'm interested in hearing success stories of those who turned their love of taking care of people and found a way to make bank doing it
- Sep 27, '11 by siafulinuxI'm not a nurse, but one did show me the rewards of nursing by revealing his payments received throughout the previous year. He made a little over 100K that year and he told me that the way he did it was by taking the critical care floors and work that most other's avoid. He told me that getting as much experience as possible and you can sort of demand what you want to be paid.
Also, from what I understand, PRN has some of the best pay and you can jump between multiple facilities.
- Sep 27, '11 by PMFB-RNNearly all the staff RNs in my hospital who have 4-5+ years of experience make $100K +.
- Sep 27, '11 by cbcleI always work 2 or 3 jobs prn and try to only pick up shifts when they're offering incentive pay. I work all the time and a half holidays, work nights and weekends to maximize shift differential and work my ass off! It would be great to have one job where I could work 50 hrs or less and make 6 figures, but as a floor nurse, it's not in the cards.
- Sep 27, '11 by Jeannie89WOW !! only 19.50? I have been a Cna at a LTC facility for 2 yrs in manhattan and I'm making 19$/hr. That seems so little for a rn to make no matter where you live. What are the RNs hourly rate, who are making 100k or more a yr ?
- Sep 27, '11 by ChristineNQuote from Meep,RNYou probably are working in a part of the country with a very low cost of living. When I was a new nurse I started out at $19.50/hr. It wasn't until I moved to another part of the country that I am now making $35/hr, plus very decent differentials. Last year I brought in over 80k.I have less than a year in the ER and I'm making $19.5/hr WHAT THE HELL am I doing wrong?!
- Sep 27, '11 by ChristineNQuote from EmergencyNrseYeah, I forgot to mention that last year I could have made more if I didn't take 4 weeks of vacation.Traveler!
>50.00/hr. Extra shifts...
Work 9 months (just 3 contracts) take 3months off for myself.
More than doubled my income and increased my vacation time by a factor of 5.