share your journey from failing to succeeding - page 2
by seekerskeeter 8,281 Views | 17 Comments
hi! I'm in the dumps right now.. I just want to hear your stories about failing on something that you love then eventually succeeding.I keep on telling myself that just because I failed or hit a bump doesn't mean that it's the... Read More
- 0Dec 6, '12 by pre-nurseshanSame here MyOwnBluesky - in fact, I sometimes have to tell myself I never will be a nurse if I don't get back to work! I just found out that I failed my most recent exam in a&p 2, and I'm afraid I did the same with my most recent exam I'm a&p 1 (I'm retaking them both at the same time because the credits were too old for my school of choice). Thankfully the prof drops your lowest grade, and I have a cumulative final a week from Thursday. That's for a&p 2. A&p 1, no drops, but I think I can pull out a B in both classes. I've already received my acceptance to the SON for January - hopefully my B's this semester won't cost me my spot.
- 0Dec 13, '12 by ccarri03This is what I needed since I am having trouble with Bio. I failed it the first time and I retook it a year later Now and I have a D , my Lab final is tomorrow regardless of how well I do it won't bring my Lecture grade up. I am really disappointed in myself right now Because Nursing is the only career I want to do. I worked in an Ob/Gyn clinic since I'm a MEdical ASsistant and loved it, and now I'm trying to further my career . Love listening to this stories it makes me believe things happen in our lives but we can still make it at the End.!!
- 1Jan 1, '13 by LadyFree28I failed nursing school at 19. I REALLY felt like a failure. Ever since I was 5, I wanted to be a nurse...so I was devastated. Muddled through school. Then I applied to nursing school about 4 years later ( yes, was really down in the dumps-in hindsight that was really severe and unhealthy). Did well, passed NCLEX the first time, working and enjoying the profession. Started taking steps to return to get my BSN. Took me about 4 years again. Graduated May 2012. Passed boards in June. I start my job February 4th.
One of the things you have to remember is life does have setbacks, and being down in the dumps is ok...if you feel that feeling low will consume you, make sure you have support. There's a saying about losing the battle and winning the war...be prepared for success in the long run. Keep at it!
- 2Sep 5, '13 by misstakenDon't Quit
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When funds are low and debts are high,
When you want to smile but can only sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must,
but do not quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the cloud of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick ti the fight when you're hardest hit.....
It's when things go wrong
that you must not quit!
- 0Sep 6, '13 by DalekRNDid awesome in nursing school. Started a job I didn't like just because i needed a job at the time and... how bad could it be? Well two horrible errors on my part in one shift, a million tears and anger especially at the horrible system... Leaving that job and getting into.my dream job and now loving it.