Late bloomer! - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 24, '12 by ANNSY54You go girl!!!
- Sep 24, '12 by ANNSY54Never give up on your dreams. The more difficult they are to achieve, the more satisfaction will be yours when you accomplish them. Failure is the road to success, even though it doesn't seem like it when you are experiencing it.
- Sep 25, '12 by HHLindaGood for you! I started nursing school at 50. Graduated at the top of my class at 52. I've been working the last 18 months at a rehab/ LTC facility and I love it!
Becoming a RN is one of the best decisions I ever made. Is it hard? Yes, but the end results are so rewarding!
Now working on my BSN. Will finish by December.
- Oct 30, '12 by jan-dezYour story is very inspirational not to give up and that its never too late. Congratulations!!
- Oct 29 by lchapmanNursing is my 2nd career, though I have been in medicine since high school. I graduated with my RN when I was 59 y/o. I had a hard time getting a job and finally landed one in behavioral health, which I don't really like. I am to receive my BSN this fall, but am looking to start in a different area in nursing. I still like face to face nursing and don't want to get into case management as of yet. I am seriously looking into SNF, LTACH, or home health. It will be difficult without a lot of skills in nursing (IV, trach, wounds, etc) but will keep on plugging until one will give me the opportunity to learn these skills. Good luck to you all and thanks ANNSY54 for your inspiration!
- Oct 29 by luvgshepherdsI am 42 and half way through my prerequisites. It is so good to know that there are others out there who have embarked on this journey later in life My dream is to be a Hospice nurse, I almost feel that I have been called to do this. I love this website, there is so much helpful information!
- Oct 29 by lchapmanQuote from luvgshepherdsAgreed!I am 42 and half way through my prerequisites. It is so good to know that there are others out there who have embarked on this journey later in life My dream is to be a Hospice nurse, I almost feel that I have been called to do this. I love this website, there is so much helpful information!
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com
- Oct 30 by MyOwnBlueSkyI love this thread. What an inspiration you all are! I'm in the homestretch of prereqs and hoping to start my BSN program fall of 2014 at age 41. And I thought I was an older student. You guys are so amazing!!
- Oct 30 by Marshalls_momThis is awesome. I'm 52 yo and starting my pre-req in January 2014 for an ADN. If I am admitted to our local community college, I will be 53 yo. This is my second career. I am an attorney by training. While I enjoy law, there is no balance to life at all, and I am a single mom. I'm not concerned with hard work as I completed law school and passed the bar exam on the first try. I'm so happy to hear all of the success you all have experienced. I felt good about this choice before I read this post. Now, I feel fabulous. Thanks.