Late bloomer! - page 4
People in the USA are now living longer and able to work more years than they have in the past. That is one of the reasons I went back to school for nursing at age 52 and graduated at age 54 and started my first nursing job at... Read More
- 0Sep 25, '12 by HHLindaGood for you! I started nursing school at 50. Graduated at the top of my class at 52. I've been working the last 18 months at a rehab/ LTC facility and I love it!
Becoming a RN is one of the best decisions I ever made. Is it hard? Yes, but the end results are so rewarding!
Now working on my BSN. Will finish by December.
- 0Oct 29, '13 by lchapmanNursing is my 2nd career, though I have been in medicine since high school. I graduated with my RN when I was 59 y/o. I had a hard time getting a job and finally landed one in behavioral health, which I don't really like. I am to receive my BSN this fall, but am looking to start in a different area in nursing. I still like face to face nursing and don't want to get into case management as of yet. I am seriously looking into SNF, LTACH, or home health. It will be difficult without a lot of skills in nursing (IV, trach, wounds, etc) but will keep on plugging until one will give me the opportunity to learn these skills. Good luck to you all and thanks ANNSY54 for your inspiration!
- 0Oct 29, '13 by luvgshepherdsI am 42 and half way through my prerequisites. It is so good to know that there are others out there who have embarked on this journey later in life My dream is to be a Hospice nurse, I almost feel that I have been called to do this. I love this website, there is so much helpful information!
- 0Oct 29, '13 by lchapmanQuote from luvgshepherdsAgreed!I am 42 and half way through my prerequisites. It is so good to know that there are others out there who have embarked on this journey later in life My dream is to be a Hospice nurse, I almost feel that I have been called to do this. I love this website, there is so much helpful information!
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com
- 2Oct 30, '13 by Marshalls_momThis is awesome. I'm 52 yo and starting my pre-req in January 2014 for an ADN. If I am admitted to our local community college, I will be 53 yo. This is my second career. I am an attorney by training. While I enjoy law, there is no balance to life at all, and I am a single mom. I'm not concerned with hard work as I completed law school and passed the bar exam on the first try. I'm so happy to hear all of the success you all have experienced. I felt good about this choice before I read this post. Now, I feel fabulous. Thanks.