Late bloomer! - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 20, '12 by ANNSY54It's scary, but fight through and never give up. This is our "last harrah!"
I went through Excelsior's program so I could do it at my own pace which was: FAST and FURIOUS.
- Sep 21, '12 by nakinokWow encouraging. After a lay off three years ago I returned to get my LVN and now finishing prereqs this semester to start RN program and I'm 38. I thought was getting to old to start over and even had people discourage me because of age but I have a goal to go until I get my NP. You are very inspiring for me.
- Sep 21, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from ANNSY54Congratulations! you're an inspiration as well as an example that it's never too late to achieve your goals. Wishing you the best in all of your future endeavors in your nursing career... Aloha~People in the USA are now living longer and able to work more years than they have in the past. That is one of the reasons I went back to school for nursing at age 52 and graduated at age 54 and started my first nursing job at age 55.
I am the only person I know who has done it this late in life, but I am now making more money than I have ever made. I am not working the long hard hours that I used to work to make ends meet. I am doing something for humanity.
I am really happy I did it. This is probably the best decision I ever made in my life. I only wish I had done it 20 years ago.
I truly love being a nurse. By the way, I work in a long-term acute care facilty called Grace Hospital here in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Sep 21, '12 by mizjCongrads ANNSY54. Are you going back for your BSN or did you do that already?
Considering going back but I have a few years on you.
- Sep 21, '12 by deleernMy nursing career started in 2004. I started at the bottom. I worked Nights full time as a NAR and went to school fulltime during the day. I graduated as an RN May of 2007. I was a non-tradition student as I was 45 years old starting my 2nd career, I graduated June of 2007 at 48 years old. I am currently doing my BSN. I am 53 years old I worked 4 years in Geriatics and currently working on an In Patient unit as a Psyc nurse. I really enjoy this. I may just continue and get my NP in psyc.
- I am definitely considering it.
- Nice work!
- Sep 21, '12 by Kms210Love it!! Congrats! I'm down in Canton, Ohio going to Aultman's college. wow, it's insanely difficult and if I don't get my act together I'll be retaking a course pretty soon. SO happy for you, though!!