It can be doneRegister Today!
This is a discussion on It can be done in Success Stories in Nursing, part of Nursing Career Advice ... If you are in a place that you wonder if you will ever get a job, transfer to the department you...by DutchRN09 Sep 9, '12If you are in a place that you wonder if you will ever get a job, transfer to the department you want to work in, or find a good place to work...I want to encourage you to say that it can be done!
I worked through nursing school and was fortunate to get a job in Ambulatory surgery and floated some to PACU and then we moved...
After 5 interviews I landed a 0.6 FTE job in the SICU with no ICU experience, and now that I am almost at the end of my orientation, I wanted to share that it is possible to expand your skill set and learn a whole lot of new things. I did, even at my advanced age...( I just turned 47). I am happy that I took the chance to expand my knowledge and even though there are hard days, the good days far out number them. So keep on keeping on.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=783231©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,149 Views
- Sep 9, '12 by LindseyRN86Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing!!
- Sep 9, '12 by MsPiggyCongrats to you! It's very inspiring to me (back in school-lpn to rn-at age 47!).
I too would like to move to a completely different area of nursing that isn't an
option as an LPN. Thank you for sharing your story :0)
- Sep 9, '12 by Kidrn911Congrats!!! That is a blessing. Right now I am in between jobs. I have been out of work for a month, and have filled out close to a hundred applications, and no luck yet. I often get discouraged, my brain is going to mush. This was a great post. Thank You
- Sep 9, '12 by mariebaileyCongrats! This is inspiring; I'm not a seasoned nurse, and I'm considering attempting to change fields. By the way, I don't see 47 as "advanced age".
- Sep 10, '12 by 2la2congras
- Sep 10, '12 by bubbles907congrats
- Sep 11, '12 by hindsight2020RNThank you! Just the story I needed. I have been unemployed for close to a year. Have never been on unemployment in my life, that is until I became an RN (at the age of 47) ...fyi... I have been very selective about my next job. I just will NOT settle for any old nursing job, jump into it all positive with rose colored glasses on. Only to discover it's worse than the my previous job. Finally I have an appointment ro interview with a place I have been sending resumes, letters and phone calls (but not in an OCD or stalker kinda way) Since the 1st of June and YES! I have an interview tomorrow at 3:30. I just know I will be a great fit for the position avaiable. I have good "warm fuzzy" feeling about it. So girls/guys, send that energy out into the universe, set your goal and say a prayer. It can be done and don't let anyone else tell you any different!
- Sep 11, '12 by geekynurseRNAnything is possible, but not everything is probable.