- by gonzo1 Oct 3, '11I passed my CEN today. I put off taking it for 5 years. I should have done it way sooner. Go do ya'll
- Oct 3, '11 by AhhphoeyCONGRATULATIONS!!!
I know that is a relief. I just got my PCCN certification a couple months ago after putting certification off for years. I initially wanted to get my CCRN, but when I decreased my hours in the ICU when I started a new job, I gave that idea up. Ah well, we're certified now!
- Oct 3, '11 by RobublindCongrats, what did you use to study for it?
- Oct 3, '11 by ninjagoCongratulations! Did you attend any CEN review courses? what materials did you use to prepare for it? I am planning to take it next year.
- Oct 3, '11 by SanukCongratulations Gonzo!
I agree that it was a lot easier than I had thought it would be. I took a lot of practice tests and did ok, but the actual test was much easier than the practice. For those looking for a review, I used Pass CEN which was pretty good and another one I think by Mosby. Also, there are some practice questions online monthly through ENA. Don't forget that if you join ENA the test is cheaper - you can get membership and the test for about what the test alone would cost, plus you get a year of JofEN.
- Oct 3, '11 by MBARNBSNYEAH!!! CONGRATS!!!
- Oct 4, '11 by gonzo1I bought a CEN study book. Went to the review 2 day class, and did the online ENA test (150 questions for 75.00). Did all the practice questions in the book. It was a great way to brush up on my general nursing knowledge, get some CE credits and generally review ER stuff.
I did think the test was hard. But I made it.
I shouldn't have waited so long to take it.
Just go do it. Yeah
- Oct 4, '11 by code3rnvalCongratulations, That's my dream......
- Oct 14, '11 by emmanewgradCongrats!!!! What CEN book did you buy to study?