Anyone failed nursing school and went back and was successful?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone failed nursing school and went back and was successful? in Success Stories in Nursing, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I've been out of nursing school for almost a year now. I was dismissed for failing two of my...by blessed2bfree Nov 7, '10I've been out of nursing school for almost a year now. I was dismissed for failing two of my classes by less than one point in second semester. Since I have been out, I've been studying everything. I feel like I have learned more since I've been out of school. Probably because I'm taking my time with it. Anyway, I have went back to work full time. I'm really wanting to go back and try nursing school again. I don't want to wait-I want to go back asap. I'm just afraid that I won't ever get the opportunity to do it again. Has anyone here ever been dismissed from the program and went back and was successful? I really think I can make it through the next time.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=514880©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 36,312 Views
- Nov 7, '10 by NewTexasRNI didn't happen to me, but I had many friends from my program who failed by a point or less and came back. Some graduated with my class and they are successful nurses. You can do it. Believe in yourself. For a while, it will make you worry, but if you have the will and determination God will see you all the way. Good Luck!
- Nov 7, '10 by lauren1120I did. I was dismissed due to not passing by less than a point and went back and now am successful.
Best of luck to you! It can be done! Believe in yourself.
- Nov 7, '10 by thmprAll I can give you is my opinion -so here it is.
Don't EVER give up on your dream.
You have to create the opportunity & not take no for an answer. You know the routine. It's not easy getting into nursing school. However, you have an advantage: there is a reason you were chosen for the program to begin with.
My guess it that you already know the answers...
- Nov 7, '10 by Orange TreeYes! I've seen it done. But in my program, at least, not everyone who was dismissed qualified to apply for readmission.
- Nov 7, '10 by caliotter3Just depends sometimes on whether you are allowed back in. If you can't get back in and can't get into another program, you are stuck until you do find an alternative program. Good luck.
- Nov 8, '10 by missangelaYES!
I was thrown into a one year LVN program straight out of high school completely unprepared. I literally dropped out the first quarter because I couldn't keep my grades up.
After that, I took my time to grow and went to community college to get all my pre-req's and worked. I got into an RN program and graduated Cum Laude. Trust me, there's hope for all.
- Nov 8, '10 by Melissa216Yep its very possible and highly probable to succeed the 2nd time. Im like so many other posters. I wasnt prepared the first time around and made it through 3 quarters when I failed by .03 of a point. I waited a few yrs working on LTC and finally went back. I graduated in June *yay*
Go back and reapply if thats what you really want to do.
- Nov 8, '10 by misha8210It is possible. It happened to me I failed two classes and I was dismissed from the nursing program. That school does not allow readmission. Their rule is if you fail two classes, you are out of the program. Within a year, I applied to another nursing school and I got accepted, this time I graduated from the program with honors and have RN behind my name. So it is possible, if you want to become a nurse never give up. See if your school allows readmission, if not apply to different programs. If one door closes on you, another one will open. Good luck to you.
- Nov 8, '10 by mjohnson8436RNYou can do it. If the program you was in does not allow readmission apply to another program. Just make sure to keep your GPA up. Good Luck!