Anyone failed nursing school and went back and was successful?
- 1Nov 7, '10 by blessed2bfreeI've been out of nursing school for almost a year now. I was dismissed for failing two of my classes by less than one point in second semester. Since I have been out, I've been studying everything. I feel like I have learned more since I've been out of school. Probably because I'm taking my time with it. Anyway, I have went back to work full time. I'm really wanting to go back and try nursing school again. I don't want to wait-I want to go back asap. I'm just afraid that I won't ever get the opportunity to do it again. Has anyone here ever been dismissed from the program and went back and was successful? I really think I can make it through the next time.
- 79,415 Visits
- 6Nov 7, '10 by NewTexasRNI didn't happen to me, but I had many friends from my program who failed by a point or less and came back. Some graduated with my class and they are successful nurses. You can do it. Believe in yourself. For a while, it will make you worry, but if you have the will and determination God will see you all the way. Good Luck!
- 11Nov 7, '10 by thmprAll I can give you is my opinion -so here it is.
Don't EVER give up on your dream.
You have to create the opportunity & not take no for an answer. You know the routine. It's not easy getting into nursing school. However, you have an advantage: there is a reason you were chosen for the program to begin with.
My guess it that you already know the answers...
- 13Nov 8, '10 by missangelaYES!
I was thrown into a one year LVN program straight out of high school completely unprepared. I literally dropped out the first quarter because I couldn't keep my grades up.
After that, I took my time to grow and went to community college to get all my pre-req's and worked. I got into an RN program and graduated Cum Laude. Trust me, there's hope for all.
- 3Nov 8, '10 by Melissa216Yep its very possible and highly probable to succeed the 2nd time. Im like so many other posters. I wasnt prepared the first time around and made it through 3 quarters when I failed by .03 of a point. I waited a few yrs working on LTC and finally went back. I graduated in June *yay*
Go back and reapply if thats what you really want to do.
- 11Nov 8, '10 by misha8210It is possible. It happened to me I failed two classes and I was dismissed from the nursing program. That school does not allow readmission. Their rule is if you fail two classes, you are out of the program. Within a year, I applied to another nursing school and I got accepted, this time I graduated from the program with honors and have RN behind my name. So it is possible, if you want to become a nurse never give up. See if your school allows readmission, if not apply to different programs. If one door closes on you, another one will open. Good luck to you.