Any new nurses escape the floor successfully ??? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 29, '12 by mama.RNI work in a doctor's office and love it....hospital nursing would never be my thing, so I didn't really pursue it. I have a lot of independence, my contribution to the practice is valued, and I work M-F days, all holidays off, no weekends or nights. Highly recommend it.
- Mar 31, '12 by SmilesHeal101To chybabe,If you don't mind me asking what company do you work for and what is your position/title? Jobs sounds interesting.
- Apr 27, '12 by phrozenoneso what are the chances of a new grad getting a job outside of a hospital?
- May 24, '12 by nursynurseRNOn bad days I feel like escaping the floor, on good days its like my sweat and tears counted. I can decided to take a desk job but i havent started. Dont knowif i will like but I hope it will be the better choice for me.
- Sep 3, '12 by CintoriI really found this thread helpful. Thanks to the author and everyone who helped the author of this thread. I've worked with Many hospice nurses who absolutely cherish their job if you ve ever considered hospice.
- Sep 5, '12 by kp21As soon as I got my license I started out as a part time agency nurse being sent out to long term care facilities. Ugh. I hated it. It was deppressing, and i really did not like working with old people. I did not last there for a year. Then me and my friend went to a Donna Carillio seminar in which she presented ideas to get out of bedside nursing - like pharmaceuticals, insurance, etc etc . She also gave tips on how to go about interviews.
True enough, i finally scored an interview for a public health/community health clinic as a RN Nurse manager. I did all her tips even if i felt foolish doing them... But hey i landed the job. Im here now doing a M-f schedule... I will probably seek out a med-surg position soon tho since i wanna go back to school to get my masters/NP.
- Sep 8, '12 by jsavannahI have changed jobs at least 12-15 times in my 12 years in nursing, and finally I have found my home Get all the experience you can, is my advice
- Oct 24, '12 by jtok10I have worked in med-surg, LTC and have been a case manager for hospice for almost 2 yrs. I would love to get away from bedside nursing. I have never been happy doing it and wish someone would tell me how to get out of bedside nursing!! Not my thing!!
- Oct 26, '12 by Nurse2b7337Does this apply to ADN nurses as well?? What are the limitations if any?? Thx in advance