A BSN at 84Register Today!
- by Not_A_Hat_Person Dec 21, '12A retired 84-year-old Missouri nurse has earned her BSN.
CARTHAGE, Mo. (AP) — This will be a busy week for Leslie Nivens.
She turned 84 Tuesday. And on Friday, the retired registered nurse will graduate from Cox College in Springfield with a bachelor of science degree in nursing, capping decades of scattered academic work and a 50-year career in the field.
She is both excited and proud of that accomplishment, she said Tuesday at her Carthage home.
"I'm a little bit of all of it, of course," she said.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/8...#ixzz2FhS0G300
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=803702©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,989 Views
- Dec 21, '12 by RFarleyRNI have known Leslie for quite a few years! She is an inspiration!!!!
- Dec 21, '12 by MulanGood for her!
She may not ever use it but at least she's got it.
- Dec 21, '12 by Aongroup1990Wow It's good to know that if she can do it and her mind is still in tact then us 22 year olds can do it too. P.S. sometimes I am lazy potato but this gives me insight, motivation, and determination as well . Congrats and way to go for her!!!
- Dec 21, '12 by nrsang97If she can do it then so can I. I am going to start classes toward my BSN in January.
- Dec 21, '12 by shamrokksWow, congratulations to her!
- Dec 21, '12 by dreameyes1CONGRATS and Hats OFF to this LADY!!!!!!
All my excuses just walked right out of the door.
- Dec 21, '12 by Nascar nurseJust reading the headline of the post made me smile. Good for you lady!
- Dec 21, '12 by yginayI remember when I was trying to decide whether or not to embark on a new career and apply to nursing school. I said to my mom, "The thing is, I will be like 43 yrs old when I graduate, I'll feel ancient compared to the others." Her reply to me was, "You'll be 43 no matter what, why not be 43,a nurse, happy in a new profession and proud of yourself?"
So, so glad I listened to her! I am now 44, an RN and about to enter a New Grad program in the ER at a wonderful, local hospital It is never too late to learn something new and no matter what your age, you bring something unique and valuable to the table. Huge congrats to the new RN...nursing school is grueling at any age and at 84...I am beyond impressed
- Dec 22, '12 by violetgirlWow! If this does not get my butt moving in the right direction, I don't know what will!!!! This is so awesome! All those years as a nurse and she was still up for the challenge... Education is a lifelong journey for all of us. It never ends!