Wolford College October 2013 class anyone?? - page 3
by denver nurse
Hi there, just wondering if any of you peeps are going to Naples in Oct. of 2013? I am all signed up and wanted to see if anyone else has been excepted/going? I know all the negative reviews about the place so no worries... Read More
- 0Feb 13, '13 by denver nurseWe are planning on heading out that way late September. Think school starts October 14th? Dang, one on the way in August, sounds like a busy little house hold for sure! It should be a good time, and lots of studying and exploring to do...gotta have some fun too. My buddy is half way through the program right now and he is really enjoying it. Did you ya get your fingerprints done yet...what a cluster that was!
- 0Feb 13, '13 by denver nurseI interview in September, heard back in about 5-6wks. Interview was super chill just like I had heard it would be.
As far as living situation goes...not sure yet, rent was right where oscar said the range would be...1100-1400 depending on where you live i suppose.
should be fun!
- 0Feb 17, '13 by denver nursewith the finger prints you need two sets...one for morphotrust (they process them for Wolford) and you need a set sent to the florida board of nursing. you can go to local sheriff or police and get the blue standard FBI prints. you will need to hand write an ORI number into each set of prints which is how they link your ORI number to the school. morphotrust you pay online florida board of nursing is through biomedical firm that also processes them for florida board. clear as mud right?! took me 3 weeks of phone calls and trying to get hold of wolford, florida board, and morphotrust...prob on hold for total of 8hrs over those 3 wks.
see below email from wolford about this...might help a little.
You will need to be fingerprinted twice. Once for the Wolford College background check and also for the Florida Board of Nursing (FBON).You are to get fingerprinted by your local law enforcement agency. We do not provide the fingerprint cards. Then you will need to forward the card to the L-1 Company in Tallahassee, FL, making sure our ORI number is on the card in order for me to get the results. You will also need to get fingerprinted for the FBON when you apply for your FL RN license. You will need to follow their instructions and get fingerprinted for them also. You will need to find a company to process them. There is a company on the FBON website that will process the cards and get them the results. Below is the company that will process the fingerprint cards for the Florida Board of Nursing license. You can have your fingerprints done on the fingerprint card and make sure the FBON ORI number is on the card in order for them to receive the results and this company will convert the card to livescan. Please contact them for information on how to accomplish that and the actual cost before you forward your cards. The lady that I spoke to was Sue Powers. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Biometric Information Management (B.I.M.)....................use this company for the florida board of nursing. they want a $50 money order to be sent with your prints to the below address. don't forget the ORI number!!
Location: 555 Metro Place, Suite 100, Dublin, OH 43017
Fees: Fingerprint card scanned at location - $59.25 (Contact before sending)
sounds straight forward but they fail to tell you these companies are horrible to work with!
toss me an email and i will give you all you need to know and save you the hassel of all this silliness
- 0Feb 17, '13 by nursejilly2005Hi,
You can submit information before the GRE is taken? I am taking the GRE on August 29th and PALS on August 6. If that is true I will submit all my info after I take PALS. I already spoke with the contact person at Wolford because I will be taking organic chem in the Fall and wondered if I could apply while taking that and they said I could. I am hoping to get in for Feb 14 but will settle for October 14! Good luck to all!
- 0NurseJilly: You can hand in one thing at a time if you so desire. They will compile a file for you until you have completed all the requirements. Because there is no official application deadline (because it's an open year round), they will not process or send your information to committee until you've got all the requirements completed. Good luck! I hope that helped.
- 0You can look at the previous posts, but the interview is pretty chill. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, how you've prepared for graduate study of anesthesia, and if you think you're ready to be immersed in school again. Mostly just be yourself. Be cool. Be confident. You'll do just fine.