Wolford College October 2013 class anyone?? - page 26
by denver nurse 42,079 Views | 258 Comments
Hi there, just wondering if any of you peeps are going to Naples in Oct. of 2013? I am all signed up and wanted to see if anyone else has been excepted/going? I know all the negative reviews about the place so no worries... Read More
- 0Jan 7 by GinnyG-Rni ended up at TGM malibu lakes. expect to pay 1000 and up anywhere down here. also if you are accepted look for housing early if you are starting in the fall…i had to sign my lease in june to reserve the last apartment available at TGM for october. since the fall is when "season" starts, things sell out fast. most people are at Aventine, TGM malibu, St. Croix, and most people with families rented from private parties. just search the web and book fast.
- 0Jan 7 by GinnyG-RnQuote from BSPRAGUmany people from my class interviewed a year in advance. i think some started sept of 2012 for start of fall 2013. you can apply as early as you want.Hi Guys, I would assume that all of the people on this topic are busy in school, but if you get a chance I was wondering when everyone interviewed for fall acceptance. I have my application in but only have seen people interviewing in February or later. I was hoping to interview sooner so as to get my house sold and get everything lined up correctly. Any input is greatly appreciated!
- 0Feb 28 by OscarRNQuote from jaredb63Hey sorry, I've been busy with school and haven't checked this for a while. I was able to go to my local police station and get hard copies of the finger prints. If you look back toward the middle of this thread DenverNurse posted pretty detailed instructions on how to go about doing it all. Some of the steps may have changed FYI. But I didn't think it was incredibly hard to do, just another hoop to jump through.Hey Oscar,
I'm currently living in Utah and trying to get all the stuff together to submit for my florida nursing license including the whole fingerprint thing. Do you have any advice etc about how to do the electronic fingerprinting in utah? Thanks.
- 0Mar 5 by deechaHey everyone,
I have an interview for Wolford coming up but I'm nervous, mainly because of all the negative reviews about this school. Can anyone give some insight as to whether this is a good choice to obtain your crna degree, the lawsuit against wolford, the school itself, etc. Thanks.
- 0Jun 18 by Joker269MPCOOscar,
I am in the class starting October 2014. Like you I have a family and small children. I went ahead and made the move this summer to let the kids have the summer to adjust. We moved to Estero, so not that bad of a drive to school. Any tips or lessons learned you can share for those of us getting ready to start the program? Thanks in Advance.
- 0Aug 28 by OscarRNHey Jerry!
Congrats on the big move! My best advice would be to enjoy your family as much as you can right now! Although the didactic portion does allow you to have quite a bit of time with your family, it will be rather time consuming. Then when the clinical portion starts, you'll be pretty strapped for time.
As far as preparing for classes (if you wanted to) you could look up stuff about in the ins-n-outs of an anesthesia machine. You could review your pre-nursing and nursing school anatomy stuff...but honestly, the information is given at a manageable rate. It's A LOT of info, but they give you time to learn it (that's the benefit of the front-loaded program). So mostly, just enjoy your family and have fun before school starts! I have a buddy from my hometown that will be starting with you as well! Good luck!